BB fuel shim mod - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

BB fuel shim mod

I did the BB fuel presure shim mod while I had the banjo bolts out so I didn't have to remove the stuff two times.

The regulator is behind the 4 torx bolts on the filter housing. I used a wire to hold the upper rad. Hose out of the way cause its hard to get to the bottom back bolt

I also used a water bottle that I cut out to catch the fuel that will leak out so it didn't make a mess on the motor and belts and it can also catch the spring or seals if they fall out. Also crack the fuel line lose with the bolts still in its alot easier than it floping around.

Be careful that you don't lose the little green seal thats in the housing where the fuel line bolts to.

I just pulled out the spring Added a dab of grease to hold the BB and put it all back together.

Checked for leaks and it was all good. I did it at the same time as the banjo mod so its hard to tell How much of a difference it made. But over all it runs good

2003 F-350 Crew 4x4 205k 4" silverline turbo back CAI, Garret Stage One VGT, 165cc injectors, SCT ID's x-race x-street tow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 01:46 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: BB fuel shim mod

what is the purpose of this to flow more fuel???
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

No its to raise your fuel pressure to the injectors. My pump is getting weak so I did this to try and keep the pressure up and alot of guys do it to hold more pressure at WOT. The banjo bolt mod is to get more fuel to the injectors.

2003 F-350 Crew 4x4 205k 4" silverline turbo back CAI, Garret Stage One VGT, 165cc injectors, SCT ID's x-race x-street tow

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Attention Whore

Damn...breaking out some old school stuff.

Spending money I don't have on crap I don't need to impress people I don't know.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 03:52 AM
PSN Veteran

Wow...now you should really consider doing the CCV re-route as well....your intake system is disgustingly dirty with oil...

2003 F-350 KingRanch 4x4
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 12:06 PM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

Hope you have a way to read your fuel pressure.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 04:51 PM
PSN Veteran

This would help with smoother acceleration at WOT I would assume? Fuel pressure gauge would come in handy after this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 PM
I Just Break Stuff

Def need a gauge. I stretched my spring and wound up with about 90 psi. Woops!!!!!!!! Had to take it all back off and put a spring in it with a little less stretch to it.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Attention Whore

A BB will net between 80-100 psi depending on how strong the spring is.
Injectors don't like the high side of that...there's a reason we stopped doing that mod years ago.

Spending money I don't have on crap I don't need to impress people I don't know.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extended Power View Post
Wow...now you should really consider doing the CCV re-route as well....your intake system is disgustingly dirty with oil...
Yeah I know I haven't got that far yet it is really gross.

I am not saying its right or a good way to do things but I figured i would show how its done if you don't like doing I am not making anyone do it. It worked great on my 7.3 (I had a gauge on it) so I wanted to try it on the 6.0
I know its not the right way to fix fuel pressure problems but I know alot of guys have did it so I thought I would give it a try. My pressure was so low that I could not build 15 psi of boost stock and it would not have any haze at wot, now it runs better than it ever did, nice boost and hazes on my race tune now. I am waiting for a different fuel pump to get here to change it, then i will put a guage on it (ordered the adapter fitting to hook it up)they should get here about the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode