Will a Banks 61051 work on my 06? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Will a Banks 61051 work on my 06?

I found a deal I just cant pass up. Its the banks six gun tuner, but the model number that Im getting from him, is for an 03-04 f250, and 03-06 excursion.

I know the split is usually 03-04, then 05-07. So Im assuming this will not work, but if anybody can help me out with this, i would greatly appreciate!!!

I would like to get it today if its compatable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Metal - It kicks your ass

Re: Will a Banks 61051 work on my 06?

You already have SCT

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 06:46 PM
PSN Newb

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

No way! If I had an IDP SCT, what the hell would I need a banks six gun for? LMAO. I thought it was common knowledge that Erics tunes were the only to go!

I just found this deal, and thought I would run the six gun for a minute, until I got the SCT. Then use the IQ to monitor the SCT when I got it.

Can Banks update the tuner, to comply with my 06 if it isnt compatable? Of course its saturday, and nobody can answer my questions!

GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Metal - It kicks your ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-sixoh View Post
No way! If I had an IDP SCT, what the hell would I need a banks six gun for? LMAO. I thought it was common knowledge that Erics tunes were the only to go!

I just found this deal, and thought I would run the six gun for a minute, until I got the SCT. Then use the IQ to monitor the SCT when I got it.

Can Banks update the tuner, to comply with my 06 if it isnt compatable? Of course its saturday, and nobody can answer my questions!
so you don't have an SCT. Maybe you should fix your sig. then people wouldn't have to guess whether or not you really do have tunes or not.

Modded L99

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

.. change my sig? Thats hilarious. In my sig I put "plans", then listed the things that I wanted to do to my truck.

Its cool. I found out that this tuner will work, but its not the style I thought it was. So I dont think Im going to get it for the price hes asking. We will see though.

Thanks anyways guys, I will change my sig, for everybody's ease of confusion.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz

Not to stir the pot anymore than it already has been, but no one on PSN likes a smartass. Just sayin'

2002 F-250 CCSB Lariat 4x4 7.3 Mostly stock... for now

2003 Ford Ranger Fx4 Level ll Sonic Blue with 33s"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamfighter View Post
I'm getting it in the can right now!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I dont either. I always try to stay polite, but I clearly put "plans" so that there wasnt confusion.

Im very sorry though, I didnt mean to sound like a dic&.

Like I said above though. Things on the Banks tuner have changed so, im not even sure if Im going to get it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 11:28 PM
PSN Veteran

I would rather not have a tuner on my truck then a banks one. your truck will thank you in the longrun. Banks is pretty hard on transmissions and headgaskets, but probably the safest of the plug and play tuners. I ran one for a few months. really was not too impressed as I had to keep resetting it to keep it working. just save the $ for the sct. they are usuially like 450 with custom tunes.

2006 F250 CCSB

thanks to FCDP and Innovative Diesel
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Nothing but problems huh? Thats too bad. Thats enough for me to not buy it. I will just stick to the gauges I was going to buy.

Theres actually an SCT tuned by eric floating around the classifieds for $350. I just dont think Im ready to buy one. I will save the money though, thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode