Superchips Flashpaq 1855 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Word

Superchips Flashpaq 1855

I just bought a Flashpaq 1855 which is the newest version from Superchips...I've ridden in a lot of my friends SD's that have this and it's awesome...I did a lot of searching on this subject and narrowed it down to a SCT or the Superchips, I was leaning toward the SCT but my friend bought a Superchips and wrecked his truck before he got to use it so I got the Superchips BRAND NEW still in the unopened box for $155...so I couldn't pass up the deal...Have any of you on here had any experiences you'd like to share good or bad about the Flashpaq 1855 ? Any suggestions before using it ? I have a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust and an AFE filter, everything else engine wise is stock...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 03:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Superchips Flashpaq 1855

well you should have went with an sct with innovative custom tunes. but you should probly go see if you can get your money back. but its all on what you wanna do.

2007 Ford F-250 Lariat Outlaw 4X4

SCT X3 Tuned By Innovative Diesel
Straight Piped
Edge Insight
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Word

I've read customer and tuner reviews (100's ) on the every tuning product out...Edge and Banks consistently kept getting overwhelming more bad reviews than good, Bullydog was about a 50-50 split from good to bad and SCT and Superchips had about a 10 to 1 ratio of good to bad reviews....so it was really a toss up....the good thing about the Superchips is it comes with a USB cable so you can update it online and download and swap out new tunes online...plus if you wanted custom tunes they can write them for you and you just download them online....The good news is if I ever wanted to sell it, it will tune every Ford Diesel from 99-10...that means 7.3's, 6.0's and 6.4's....SCT won't do that...Why do you think I should get my money back ? Have you had a personal bad experience with the Superchips ? It is the best selling and highest rated tuner in the world....

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
Have you had a personal bad experience with the Superchips ?
its canned tunes for any 99-07 powerstroke.....=lameness

Quote:
It is the best selling and highest rated tuner in the world....
it is because not everyone goes on forums and reads up on the different tuners, and they just buy stuff cause of the ads in diesel power and other diesel mags.

honestly in my opinon you should sell the superchips and use that money to go towards a sct.

02 f250
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 02:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
I've read customer and tuner reviews (100's ) on the every tuning product out...Edge and Banks consistently kept getting overwhelming more bad reviews than good, Bullydog was about a 50-50 split from good to bad and SCT and Superchips had about a 10 to 1 ratio of good to bad reviews....so it was really a toss up....the good thing about the Superchips is it comes with a USB cable so you can update it online and download and swap out new tunes online...plus if you wanted custom tunes they can write them for you and you just download them online....The good news is if I ever wanted to sell it, it will tune every Ford Diesel from 99-10...that means 7.3's, 6.0's and 6.4's....SCT won't do that...Why do you think I should get my money back ? Have you had a personal bad experience with the Superchips ? It is the best selling and highest rated tuner in the world....
no i havent had a personal experience but just like countryboyrob said, its canned tunes and you dont get that good transmission tuning and engine tuning like with a custom tuned sct. ill have to admit before i was on this site i was all about getting banks stuff for my truck. but i went with a sct after i read on here a while a vendor on here hooked me up with what i needed and I couldnt be happier. if your satisfied with the superchips then thats fine. but if your looking to get the most power you can out of your truck then you should probly be looking at a sct.

2007 Ford F-250 Lariat Outlaw 4X4

SCT X3 Tuned By Innovative Diesel
Straight Piped
Edge Insight
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Ford Blue Oval Guy

I use to have one of those on my old 6.0. It was on there a month on the middle setting, and i blew the head gaskets out. I would highly recommend SCT with custom tunes. I had that after i got my truck fixed and what a wonderful difference.

Cory

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F-250 XL

7.3 Turbo IDI, ZF5 speed, 220k miles, straight pipe
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
I Just Break Stuff

Well...... sounds like another big marketing WIN..... I hear those tornados add BIGGGGG POWA. At least thats what the magazines say Should have gat an SCT man. 155 bucks down the toilet. And yes Ive had both.When I first got my 6.0 thats what I got, thats what the magazine TOLD me to get. Then I woke up, and remembered that I could read outside of the box. Its ok as long as you dont plan on doing anything else to your truck. Up to and including make power....... Just my 0.02

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Word

For you guys that say you've had the Superchips....I'm assuming it's the 1855, the new one that just came out in 2009...not the old model...what's the difference in a custom tune whether it's uploaded by a SCT or Superchips...are you guys saying that a performance shop couldn't write the exact same tuning parameters and download it into either tuner....The SCT or Superchips is just the delivery device used to upload the tune into your vehicle...the person writing the custom tune can write the same exact tuning parameters for either as long as they have compatable software for both....so what makes a SCT better than anything else that can hold custom tunes ? They're all nothing more than Palm Pilots on steroids...they just hold information and deliver information...if you wanna be really technical a cell phone has more computing power than either...if you had access to Ford's encryption codes you could write your own tunes and upload them...if you were really smart...
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 AM
I Just Break Stuff

Hmmm well, let's see. Call superchips and get a custom tune. That's what I did. Couldn't get one. Didn't offer it. Box lied to me. Has customizable parameters, yes, to a point. Changing the tire size is great and all, I was just expecting a little more. You get there generic tune and that's it. Flashpaqs are great as far as generic canned tuners go. Will it hang with the canned tunes from SCT? I don't believe the power is there. I was blown away by my canned SCT tunes when I first got it. Went from a flashpaq to an SCT in 10 minutes, and had a noticable difference. There is no comparing a custom tune to either canned versions.A flashpaq isn't able to take in the fact that you have changed hard parts on your truck, ie egr system ,injectors, turbo.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Word

I talked to a tech who works for Superchips and he said that the NEW 1855 model can accept custom tunes for changes such as exhaust, intake..etc...I'll find out if he's full of it or not...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode