SCT tunes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Question SCT tunes

What tunes is everyone running? I bought a Livewire w/extreme tune from Eric over at Innovative. I figured I'd get extreme street but not sure about the final 2. Anyone have any recommendations for someone that doesn't tow? When I had my 7.3L my DD was the 100hp performance on my DP F16 chip.

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous- 2001 Platinum Edition F250 7.3L
SCT LW and FICM tuning-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Regulated Return fuel kits-

ENOUGH SAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Sponsor

Re: SCT tunes

never ran any of Erics tunes but ive heard they are good. hopefully someone that has ran some of his tunes will chime in.

CenTexDiesel.com
Logan Schneider
830-885-6500
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Adrenalin Junkie

I run Eric's and DJ's tunes. Extreme Race in Innovatives and Looney in DJ's. They are pretty closer. I get an average of .04 faster with DJ's tune.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Be careful running extremes without head studs..

2006 F350 Lariat Tow Boss W/training wheels.

SCT W/GH's tunes, ARP's, Blk & Heads milled, Strictly RR and aux coolant lines, 6" Aussies, Snow MPG-Max, BPD: VK688,EGR, W/Pump, and FICM, Coolant filt, Train Horns, CTS (Monitor only) + Autometer backups

RIP Muley 9-25-09
Keep on Honkin' Jerry 04-05-10
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:37 PM
lott is my daddy

i ran DJs stuff for a few months and around the same time i did my lift and tires i started to run Eric's. my truck finally blew the gaskets but i was expecting it.

i would also try from Eric, his economy tune, and his highway economy...difference is the highway one makes more power when you roll on it from 70. those are what i have from him. from DJ i have pretty much the same thing except his looney and also a smoke tune.

i always run on looney or extreme. if you dont abuse it you will get as good as milage, always have the abilitly to kick some ricers ass, and always be able to smoke some unsuspecting tail gater.

i'd rather be hated by 12 than carried by 6
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:41 PM
lott is my daddy

also if you dont have a turbo back system i recommend getting one before you run your truck hard. it will greatly help reduce your egts.

and i dont know what your local stealership is like that you will get warrenty work done at but if you can run catless it sounds badass on these trucks

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 PM
PSN Local

Hello, I am new to the site and I have been talking w/Innov about a SCT Livewire aswell. Please let me know your outcome as I will probably order mine the week after next. Thanks Richie
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Adrenalin Junkie

I don't think that livewire is all its cracked up to be.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:51 AM
lott is my daddy

livewire is a little more then the xcal 2...its about $200 more. you get a lot more out of it. it does double as gauges and if you buy an egt probe you can monitor most of what you need to, (i usually do boost, coolant temp, engine temp, rpm, speed, and intake air temp) i dont have my egt cable yet but when i do i will take speed away and replace w/ egt. you can monitor 16 different things but up to 6 at once..and anything that you would have to "tap" into like trans or whatever else such as fuel or oil presure you would need gauges for.

im still getting 3 on my pilar but atleast i can have the other 6 at the same time

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks for the responses, I went ahead and just got the Extreme street, street, and aggressive tow. I'll get to find out today how they work

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission

Previous- 2001 Platinum Edition F250 7.3L
SCT LW and FICM tuning-

Regulated Return fuel kits-

ENOUGH SAID

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode