not sure what the deal is now... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

not sure what the deal is now...

i brought the truck outta storage early this year and its been colder than it usually is here. but when the truck sit in 60 degree weather i think it would fire and be okay. it has been taking 5 minutes idle to warm up and 10 minutes of driving after that to stop misfiring. i figured the glow plugs were gettin weak but the truck only got 60k on it. and now with the rough idle and misfiring issue, i noticed when i try to get to speed, the truck smokes a blueish, white(alot of smoke) i think its not burning the fuel. i never had an issue like this before with it and since im waiting for my new programmer, i have been using the edge evolution. not only do i want it off of the truck, im not sure it is helping my issues either. im not quite fluent with diesels yet, but i wouldnt think its injectors because it clears itself out after about 15 minutes. i dont have a clue what it is and thats what im here for...help...haha! anyone had anything like this or what could it be?

i love lift laws...and police...and equipment violations!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: not sure what the deal is now...

Sounds like dead or sticking injectors. Maybe try some of that Rev-X stuff to see if it helps. If it doesn't it might be time to replace some injectors...

2006 F250 CC LB FX4 Lariat
ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
PSN Local

When my '06 F-350 with 85k miles started having some of the symptoms you described (a lot of smoke at idle and clouds of gray/blue smoke when trying to accelerate) it ended up being the FICM was going bad (low voltage).

2006 F-450 XLT 4x4 6.0 Auto 4.30L
Kelderman 4-Link Airbags, Lariat Seats, 2011 Mirrors
CTS, SCT, ARP's & oem Gaskets, BPD 6ph FICM
Spearco IC, Ported Intake, Powermax, 4" Exhaust
BPD Oil Cooler, Oil By-Pass Filter
46,000 miles

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 11:15 PM
-Adam

I would say it is either injectors or the FICM. I had the same problem with my 04, and it turned out to be the FICM. I bought a new one off ebay for $450, and had Bill from PHP flash it. Now the truck runs better than it ever has.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

im gonna try a few things tommorrow and see what happens... i know for sure i can and might jus fix the problem saturday... thinkin i might trade it in for a new 6.4 lol

i love lift laws...and police...and equipment violations!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode