Banks technicooler Question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Banks technicooler Question

Hey guys i have a question for you i ought a barley used banks technicooler kit came with all the boots, clamps, high ram intake, and the intercool, and intercooler pipes.

My questions is this to insure that its fully clean i want to clean it myself before i install it this weekend and was wanting to know how to go about that i have never messed with one of these before, so is it something as simple as spraying some degreaser on it and just washing it and letting it dry to insure that its clean as possible.

thanks in advace fellas

2011 F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 King Ranch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Banks technicooler Question

Degreaser wont hurt the outside, try not to get any on the inside block the holes off, unless you suspect dirt inside then it may be impossible to get out, if there is just oil inside just leave it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04 F250 4x4, 2.5 front level kit, 4" MBRP, Banks Inter cooler, Home made coolant filter, Insight monitor, Nathan K5l horns, ten gal air tank, harpooned, Fumuto valve, custom stripes and decals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

well im sure it has some oil on the inside from the CCV but i have mine re routed so that will all stop and i not really concered about the inside i just wanted to clean the out side to insure that all the dirt and grime and whatever is off of there to insure that it breaths as good as it can

2011 F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 King Ranch

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Attention Whore

Get some AC coil cleaner from a hardware store for home AC units...spray on, rinse off, install IC.

Spending money I don't have on crap I don't need to impress people I don't know.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordSuperDuty05 View Post
well im sure it has some oil on the inside from the CCV but i have mine re routed so that will all stop and i not really concered about the inside i just wanted to clean the outside
I would be concerned about what's on the inside! Some oil from the ccv won't hurt anything but you don't want any dirt in there.

2006 F-450 XLT 4x4 6.0 Auto 4.30L
Kelderman 4-Link Airbags, Lariat Seats, 2011 Mirrors
CTS, SCT, ARP's & oem Gaskets, BPD 6ph FICM
Spearco IC, Ported Intake, Powermax, 4" Exhaust
BPD Oil Cooler, Oil By-Pass Filter
46,000 miles
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:57 AM
PSN Local

when my big trucks pop a turbo and fill up the CAC with oil and all the other good stuff, I reverse flush them with degreaser and hot water, first I lay them flat on the floor and put a little 409 or simple green in and then fill it up to the top with hot water, if your are cearful and don't spill water all over you can see if there are any water leaks(if it don't hold water it aint gona hold 40psi) then I stand it on it's side, cold side up and keep flushing hot water through till the water is clear( you can hook your water hose up at your washing machine hook up if you don't have a hot water hook up) then just let it sit up side down with the ports at the lowest point, could also use a blow gun to blow it out. I have the Banks cooler and they are one nice unit, I think they are built beter than the ones that come on the big trucks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:44 AM
PSN Local

Hey Randall, find a local radiator shop, and have them "hot tank" it for you, it will clean it out inside and out, and shouldn't take too long, then just let it air out, or use compressed air to dry it out.

2005 F250 CC SB 4x4
Trusted Performance Stage 2 fuel system; Fabtech 8" lift;
ARP Headstuds; Banks Intercooler and High Ram Elbow; 4" Exhaust; SCT; Isspro Performax guages

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode