use of fuel additive - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

use of fuel additive

O.K. so I've been using RBP fuel additive in every tank of fuel. my wife went to her uncles house this week & ofcourse she needed to get fuel so i asked if she added any RBP? Well her uncle said you don't need to add it every time you fuel up! Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Damnkids Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Mdub707
Re: use of fuel additive

No, it's not a necessity, but it wouldn't hurt. How much does that RBP stuff run? Looks like the exact same containers as the Opti-lube I run...

DamnKids Motorsports

2006 F-250 6.0 4x4 Vegistroked
SCT Xcal2 w/Innovative Diesel Tuning 466/772 7/19/08
Black smoke don't mean it's broke... it means your tuning sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Paypal can go fuk themselfs... Buy me a beer the next time we meet.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

it costs me $25 for the 16oz bottle, how often do you use it?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 08:53 AM
<-MONEY PITT!!

IMPO I would use it every tank But I would'nt buy RBP ether for that kind of coin unless its really that much better. I use power service 80oz for like twenty bucks and it works great as a anti gel and cetane boost/Lube. Around here they sell gray PS in the winter and white PS in the summer the white is just supplement and cetane and the gray is both with the anti gel. PS is the best selling additive in the us and its cheap! Im not trying to say switch to PS from RBP But it would be interesting for someone to chime in and tell us the difference if any

2010 CCSB Afe Intake and dual exhaust
2006 CCLB F-250 Studs,Squeez,EGR delete,RR to AirDog II and a Airraid Intake & Sct Hot tunes *SOLD*
1963 Chevy Nova II 88mm turbo 408 LSX backhalved and tubbed 9.22 @ 145 @ 5000ft BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Cummins ECSB 5 spd,250s,edge comp 64 over a s475.. Work Truck
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:17 AM
PSN Local

It depends on how much it treats. If it treats a small amount of fuel say 15 to 20 gallons then yes every time. i use the scheiffers and it treats 50 to 100 gallons so I use a half a bottle every other fill up.

99 PSD dually
4" lift 35' tire
4" exhaust to 6" Aussie's
K&n air filter
cc mod
Beans stage II 120hp injectors
Beans D66 turbo
ITP regulated return
updated ecm (2000 model)
reburned TS chip- 25,high idle,60,100,120,140hp
Dyno #'s 360hp and 965 ft lbs trq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:33 AM
PSN Veteran

i've been uses the Rev X stuff lately, just a little each fill, between the fuel conditioner and there oil additive truck seems to run smoother. but i try and do a little each tank, if not every second tank,

2006 F-350 crew cab dually 4X4
225cc injectors, CRD twin turbo's
Fueled by Gibson's

2003 F-350 crew cab
[email protected]

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

this bottle of RBP treats up to 500gal of fuel. it's 1oz of RBP per 32gal of fuel! I'm not stuck on using the RBP additive if there is a better way to go about treating the fuel in my truck? this is my first diesel& i want it to last!!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
PSN Local

100,000 miles on my truck, tried a couple different fuel additives but 80% no additive.no injector problems. most of the injector plunger failures have more to do with low fuel pressure than inadequate lubricity. up here our fuel is always blended for the season of the moment and i've never gelled up, but if you are buying summer fuel and then going somewhere much colder gelling could be an issue. Myself i've never really seen a noticable improvement in how my beast runs so i don't bother with it. certainly missing additive on 1 tank now and then won't hurt anything

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Sponsor

I use it every time because diesel fuel has little lubricacity and that's something I've always thought was good for any vehicle. Haha

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 02:49 PM
id: 5520

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitssmokinitsstrokin View Post
IMPO I would use it every tank But I would'nt buy RBP ether for that kind of coin unless its really that much better. I use power service 80oz for like twenty bucks and it works great as a anti gel and cetane boost/Lube. Around here they sell gray PS in the winter and white PS in the summer the white is just supplement and cetane and the gray is both with the anti gel. PS is the best selling additive in the us and its cheap! Im not trying to say switch to PS from RBP But it would be interesting for someone to chime in and tell us the difference if any

I never fill up without it. Keeps the EGR valve from getting gummed up also. The cetane levels at the pump suck..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode