Trannys in!! Can i just fill it up and change the frame filter? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

Trannys in!! Can i just fill it up and change the frame filter?

Hey guys i got my tranny in and im wondering can i just fill it up with the 8 quarts plus what my converter needs and call it a day since my and lines already have fluid or? I was gonna flush the cooler and lines but the fluid looked real good and im really not sure how to do that...So the question is if i change the frame filter and putt 8 quarts in it and check it till i get it full will that work? I read that there a t stat or something inside and the fluid has to be hot...I DONT KNW!!

I know when you change trannys you should always flush so thats why im asking but my tranns still worked "pretty good" just had the chance to get this new one.

2010 CCSB Afe Intake and dual exhaust
2006 CCLB F-250 Studs,Squeez,EGR delete,RR to AirDog II and a Airraid Intake & Sct Hot tunes *SOLD*
1963 Chevy Nova II 88mm turbo 408 LSX backhalved and tubbed 9.22 @ 145 @ 5000ft BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Cummins ECSB 5 spd,250s,edge comp 64 over a s475.. Work Truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:08 AM
PSN Local

Re: Trannys in!! Can i just fill it up and change the frame filter?

Did you put a 6.4 trans in?

2003 F250 CC SB FX4
6.0 Powerstroke
BLOWN HEAD GASKETS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RCD 190 CC Injectors
SCT XCal w/ RCD Tuning
EGR DELETE
Autometer GS Series: EGT, Fuel PSI, Trans, Boost
Air Dig II
Bully Dog RFI
Silverline 4 In Turbo Back - No Muffler
No Kitty - Zoodad - High Idle
315/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT
Pure Diesel Power 8 In Tip
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Ski Bum

Send a message via Skype™ to J HO 22

me personally, i would deff flush the lines and cooler.

502-316-8872
CALL OR EMAIL FOR PARTS PRICING
2005 EXCURSION

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

Blow out the lines. IF there was any metal from the old transmission, replace the cooler. But change the frame mounted filter.

Fill it with 8 quarts and then start it and fill up the other 8 the converter will need and then a little more will replace what you lost when you blew the lines and cooler out.

Email:

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:44 AM

If it's a 6.0 5R you should get the 6.4 pan and internal filter.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

Thanks DOUG so u think just use air and blow the lines out right at the filter? Dont need a 6.4 pan lol ITS A 6.4 TRANNS!! Got the best of both worlds!!
Im allmost ready to start blowing the lines out im finishing up the 6" lift and the air dog wiring then its on

2006 CCLB F-250 Studs,Squeez,EGR delete,RR to AirDog II and a Airraid Intake & Sct Hot tunes *SOLD*
1963 Chevy Nova II 88mm turbo 408 LSX backhalved and tubbed 9.22 @ 145 @ 5000ft BUILT NOT BOUGHT!

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

well got the truck all together the 6.4 tranns fells awesome but i didnt get to drive it long because the back head is leaking fuel for were my RR come out... because for some reason with the earls banjo bolts and fittings you cant just use regular crush washers they need alum ones. The brass ones cracked on me once then the second time they just leaked!! So i called earls they said i need a special #6 alum crush washer so i orderd some of those and hopefully I will get it going Tuesday!! I have a slight miss at idle if you rev it up its kind of shakey not bad but u can barley notice .Im sure thats because of the leak on the head we will find out tuesday i guess

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Ford Motor Co. Worker

Keep us posted. Hope it works out for you. Let us know how she performs with the 6.4 trans.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 11:18 AM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

Careful with them banjo bolts, I experienced that over a year ago, snapped one inside the head.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

Ya i have heard of that...luckly i only have one banjo in the whole system the rest are just aluminum elbows.The one banjo is on the driver rear head were my new return line goes...Its a earls banjo that is aluminum So it shouldnt break i wish it was a regular old banjo then my truck would be together and i wouldnt have to have these special aluminum crush washers!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode