Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Looney vs SRL

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Bigmatthew86 
#1 ·
I have an 06 250 that I picked up a few months ago. I had been running sct canned tunes & got the srl from gearhead a few weeks ago. I like it, have no complaints. Just curious about the looney. Anyone have them both or looney fuel, or pct? Truck is on factory bolts. Egr & coolant have been addressed.

#2 ·
I went ahead & got the looney. My initial impression is it isn't quite as strong as the srl on my truck. It is definitely smokier & seems to run a few degrees cooler. Shifting is good & mileage might be up a little. Seems to run about 2lbs less boost as well.

#3 ·
I would have went to PHP tunes before the looney
I was impresed with the PHP to the point i do not use my SRL or SRL ++ anymore

however, PHP became a little more difficult to source now that they went to a non-public interface policy after pretending to be our forum friends

#5 ·
I've put a little more time on both tunes. Both are a good bit more powerful than the canned street tune. The srl feels a little stronger, shifts a little harder & smokes less. The looney seems to run a few degrees cooler, get a little better mileage, & has more of the light switch effect. I swapped backed to the tow 50 for a few days & it felt like a different truck. I'm pretty happy with both.

#9 ·
I haven't ran any from idp so I can't tell you for sure. From what I've gathered similar tunes (street vs street) from different tuners make around the same power levels. Shifting & such can differ a good amount. I like the srl & looney. Both are the non studded variety for my truck. Both are strong with the looney feeling faster. It does have more of the on off feel so that could be why. It smokes a little more & doesn't shift quite as firm. The srl comes out of cruise control so smooth where the looney kinda jerks. I'd personally pick the looney if I could only have one. I put it back in canned street a few days ago & it is definitely down on power to both as you'd expect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.