Bullet proof cost - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Bullet proof cost

How much would it cost to bullet proof my 06 f350. I already did egr, and exhaust, intake, coolant flush, 7.3 clutch fan swap, I was told all that's left is decking the heads and fire ringing them, head gaskets, and head studs. Is that all or do I need to do a remote oil cooler as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Project Shamu

Re: Bullet proof cost

Decking heads and fire rings are a little unnecessary IMO unless youre trying to make big HP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:25 PM
PSN Newb

Fire ringing the heads is definitely unnecessary unless you’re planning on putting up some big HP numbers. O-ringed heads however are a good idea but again not entirely needed, some guys do it for peace of mind. Decking the heads however is definitely necessary.

A remote oil cooler is a good idea if you’re working the truck hard frequently but an updated OEM one with some fresh ELC coolant will do the job just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Awesome thank you and is it possible to stuff the heads without decking them or am I asking for trouble doing that and yes I do haul a 10,000 pound trailer so I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game and prevent any problems that could happen
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:30 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylan View Post
Awesome thank you and is it possible to stuff the heads without decking them or am I asking for trouble doing that and yes I do haul a 10,000 pound trailer so I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game and prevent any problems that could happen

I would highly recommend sending the heads away to get magnafluxed to check for cracks and decking the heads. You’re asking for problems otherwise. ARPs arent going to prevent the inevitable if you choose not to do so. This is what gave 6.0s such a bad name, dealerships would take the trucks with blown HGs under warranty, slap some new gaskets on without decking the heads and put some TTYs back in, and then tons of people would end up blowing their HGs again. Or if you want to one up just order a set of Kill Devil O-ringed heads (but $$$)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Oh okay awesome and has anyone played with a throtle booster and are they worth the money for the extra bit of power or would that lift the heads
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:31 PM
PSN Local

How many miles? Are you doing the work yourself? minus the machining

2003 Excursion EB 6.0 PSD: BPD Oil Cooler, Water Pump, 7.3 fan adapter: Adrenaline Stock HPOP: APR Head Studs (One at a time): KC Turbo Billet Compressor: EGR Delete: Sinister Coolant Filter & Regulated Fuel Return: '08+ Oil Pan/Filter: SCT LiveWire TS+
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

102xxx miles and all myself

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode