SCT x4 Firmware Update - No EGR option! - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:48 PM
PSN Newb

Garage
Re: SCT x4 Firmware Update - No EGR option!

I was wondering if anyone found any tunes that will turn off the EGR and make it run nice with the delete installed? I just had an EGR delete kit installed and bought the SCT x4 not realizing it is no longer an option to tune it to run without the EGR. I'm hoping someone knows where I can find that tune, everything else on my truck is stock. The truck runs slightly off occasionally as (I assume) the computer is trying to adjust for the non existent EGR. Really hoping someone knows of a tune that will help with that, I don't care if I need to leave the valve plugged in, just want the truck to run nice.

Turd-250 I figured I would try to answer your question about the EGR soft codes. I have a 2005 with a manufacturing date of 09/04...It takes the early model turbo and has other early model features, like not having a CEL on when the EGR valve is unplugged. I did check at it does show 2 soft codes when the valve is unplugged, but if you plug the valve in the soft codes go away. Unfortunately, even with the valve plugged in it does have some occasional odd running issues due to the computer trying to adjust to the non existent EGR. If you are curious about anything else the early engines do in relation to the EGR delete and codes, let me know.
Turd-250 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 03:27 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: SCT x4 Firmware Update - No EGR option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPig404 View Post
I was wondering if anyone found any tunes that will turn off the EGR and make it run nice with the delete installed? I just had an EGR delete kit installed and bought the SCT x4 not realizing it is no longer an option to tune it to run without the EGR. I'm hoping someone knows where I can find that tune, everything else on my truck is stock. The truck runs slightly off occasionally as (I assume) the computer is trying to adjust for the non existent EGR. Really hoping someone knows of a tune that will help with that, I don't care if I need to leave the valve plugged in, just want the truck to run nice.

Turd-250 I figured I would try to answer your question about the EGR soft codes. I have a 2005 with a manufacturing date of 09/04...It takes the early model turbo and has other early model features, like not having a CEL on when the EGR valve is unplugged. I did check at it does show 2 soft codes when the valve is unplugged, but if you plug the valve in the soft codes go away. Unfortunately, even with the valve plugged in it does have some occasional odd running issues due to the computer trying to adjust to the non existent EGR. If you are curious about anything else the early engines do in relation to the EGR delete and codes, let me know.
Thanks!
i give you 2 internet points, one for the awesome post, and 2 for the great username lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode