Random long crank... help! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Random long crank... help!

For the last couple of days my truck has been starting differently. Sometimes it starts right up sometimes it cranks for a couple seconds longer. Recently i went through the drive thru and turned the truck off to order. But when i start it back up it just cranks for 15-20 seconds. Pumping the gas helps get the ball rolling and then eventually starts and runs fine like nothing happened. Whats going on???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:00 AM
PSN Local

Re: Random long crank... help!

Do you have a monitor to see your parms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 Excursion EB 6.0 PSD: BPD Oil Cooler, Water Pump, 7.3 fan adapter: Adrenaline Stock HPOP: APR Head Studs (One at a time): KC Turbo Billet Compressor: EGR Delete: Sinister Coolant Filter & Regulated Fuel Return: '08+ Oil Pan/Filter: SCT LiveWire TS+
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:17 AM
PSN Newb

If it’s your starter replace it with the 6.4l it’ll give you faster cranks

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:59 AM
PSN Newb

Mine does the same once and awhile, could be the ICP or the IPR sensor, my IPR failed and left us stranded with our 32í trailer with no cel service.
IPR controls the high pressure oil for the injection, ICP controls the injection pressure, they work together
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:39 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Pumping the accelerator pedal won't help anything. No need to do that.

Posting ICP and IPR data would be helpful. Maybe try a known good FICM) or call Ed at FICMrepair.com as suggested in other posts).

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode