Degas Bottle - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By voodooridr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Degas Bottle

Just looking to get thoughts on the aftermarket aluminum degas bottles for the 6.0..I saw some on eBay for around $135.00.. ASI was one of manufacturers. I'm not paying the price for a sinister diesel one. Or just buy another oem. Just wanting some legit opinions. Mines all hard to read. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:18 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Degas Bottle

I know mishimoto makes one for around the $260 mark I do believe? That’d be a good in between from the crazy priced $400 sinister one lol. And still good trusted quality.

I don’t think I’d trust so eBay one, would probably just go OEM at that point. Although the style points in the engine bay are cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:54 PM
Administrator

apparently, some of the ebay ones may have an oddball thread at the sensor ports so I would buy one only is shipped and sold by Amazon so returns are easy

I have a prototype aluminum unit from Accurate ( same as seen on ebay without the Lever cap) that has a lever style old school cap and i run an overflow container

I will never buy an OEM style again

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 12:32 AM
PSN Newb

I'm in the same place since my "seeping" head gaskets have puffed my stock bottle up like a real expensive balloon.
I like the looks of the Mishimoto tank but I'm not overly fond of the sight tube for fluid levels
The PSP/Moroso tank is a thing of beauty but it's creeping up on $400
So, it looks like for a little more than one of the Ebay units with suspect country of origins the Accurate Diesel tank is where I'm heading

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Zmann likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:04 AM
Administrator

the Accurate tank is the same as the cheap china tanks . as soon as I bought mine fromm accurate for close to 400 bucks i saw them on ebay and I was pissed
I asked Tim at accurate and He said they were also disappointed ( whatever that means I just knew I was dupped )

I think maybe the china MFG did what China MFG's do and sell the product you pain them to make direct

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:17 AM
PSN Newb

But at least the Accurate tank has a real 1/8NPT port on it and not an SAE nut welded on the underside where it can leak
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Administrator

agreed
but so
do some of the amazon/ebay units

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:14 AM
PSN Newb

Mishimoto for me
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:04 PM
PSN Newb

I ended up going with the Mishimoto, still not a fan of the sight tube but it sure makes it easy to check levels

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode