Oil Filter Housing Trim - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tte531
  • 1 Post By Tte531

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Oil Filter Housing Trim

Hey this may be out there somewhere but im not sure what to type to find it. So bare with me if this is out there....

I did the BPD Oil Cooler with the external oil filter. I would like to do the fuel bowl delete but not right now, ive already spent WAY to much. I know there isnt an big benefit from it but has anyone trimmed off the oil filter housing? and just left the oil filter base with the fuel filter housing attached? the idea being that I gain a little room.

In the attached picture you might be able to see the black on black line ive drawn. (Son took my paint pen)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oil Filter Housing.jpg (19.1 KB, 18 views)

2003 Excursion EB 6.0 PSD: BPD Oil Cooler, Water Pump, 7.3 fan adapter: Adrenaline Stock HPOP: APR Head Studs (One at a time): KC Turbo Billet Compressor: EGR Delete: Sinister Coolant Filter & Regulated Fuel Return: '08+ Oil Pan/Filter: SCT LiveWire TS+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:31 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage
Re: Oil Filter Housing Trim

Whats the point of having a few cubic inches of more unused space?

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I agree, i think thats something im looking for also. Is there someone that has done this and benefited from it? or should i leave it as a place to store my weed.

I didnt know if someone thought, 'Heck yea! you can get to this and that easier' or that the .02lbs stripped off really helps give the truck a little bit more umph! lol

Also its not like this would take a lot of effort to do.
Turd-250 likes this.

2003 Excursion EB 6.0 PSD: BPD Oil Cooler, Water Pump, 7.3 fan adapter: Adrenaline Stock HPOP: APR Head Studs (One at a time): KC Turbo Billet Compressor: EGR Delete: Sinister Coolant Filter & Regulated Fuel Return: '08+ Oil Pan/Filter: SCT LiveWire TS+

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:24 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage

Yea, if you think you'll be taking the turbo out a lot between now and whenever you get the RR kit, I can see that. I would just leave it then sell it when I get the regulated return, but like you said, it probably wont take much time or effort to do.

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Iíve got the Sinister regulates fuel return kit. It uses the factory fuel filter housing and the main reason I want to keep it. If I could afford a lift pump then I would just add that and delete the bowl altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Oil Filter Housing Trim

Ok so got this guy cut up for those that care. It made a big difference for me. Iím enjoying the extra space thatís created.

However, this housing came off eBay with some sinister parts. This unit is a Ď04.5-Ď07 which uses a banjo bolt for the fuel in. Not knowing that I cut this one up to save my original. I got it all fixed up and ready to go only to realize it wonít work with my Ď03 fuel lines...

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Administrator

nice practice run

now chop up the real deal

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Oil Filter Housing Trim

Got this all done. Trimming the oil filter housing out allowed for more room to be able to re-tighten the BPD oil hose fittings and change sensors.

For me it was worth the time, hope this worthless thread helps someone else out later. :)

Zmann likes this.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:09 AM
PSN Newb

You can cut it off or purchase a 6.4l oil Filter housing for around $100 new which doesn’t have the fuel bowl or filter on it. Another option is getting the E350 oil Filter housing which removes both filters from up there and mounts the oil filter remotely
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2AD64100-BD45-42F2-9C17-C214ACFB26EC_1556597169566.jpeg (3.04 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpeg 9002D413-EF92-4EE0-9CB6-1C8BA8747AB9_1556597389157.jpeg (341.8 KB, 12 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode