SCT X3 questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

SCT X3 questions

Hey, i posted earlier about waht the best mods would be to start with on my Stock 06 and after doing my research im thinking about going with the SCTx3 and one of my main concerns is will i do any damage to my motor running the X3 without upgrading my intake and exhaust? and is anyone running the x3 already what are your opinions on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: SCT X3 questions

there are tons of ppl running the x3, yes you can run it on a factory exhaust but i would highly recommend a high flow exhaust just to keep egt's down and a set of gauges pyro, boost, trans temp, just so u dont tear anything up, you pick the custom tuner of your choice to buy it from and tell him what ur pickup has done to it and he will tune accordingly, im running an x2 on a 6.0 and its got just shy of 200k miles on it and still running strong, im running matts tunes form gearhead, there are many tuners here, [email protected], [email protected], beans diesel, [email protected], [email protected]?? i beleive thats right, [email protected]

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
id: 5520

IMO, changing out the donaldson air intake on a 6.0 doesn't buy you much. I did it and didn't see enough benifit to it to talk about. On the other hand, changing out the exhaust to a "4" turbo back is important to rid the engine of heat. Very important if your planning on chipping it. You need at least an EGT gauge to watch the temps so you can back off before she blows up.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 05:45 PM
PSN Local

Yeah but if you just the preprogrammed tunes and ain't hard on it do you really need the gauges? I'm thinking about getting an X3 myself but very rarely tow anything and not into racing or smoke and stuff like that.

I have killed two people since midnight, I haven't slept in over 24 hours. So maybe... maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are right now. Jack Bauer
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhes160 View Post
Yeah but if you just the preprogrammed tunes and ain't hard on it do you really need the gauges? I'm thinking about getting an X3 myself but very rarely tow anything and not into racing or smoke and stuff like that.
the custom tuning will keep temps down and put out more power than the preprogrammed(canned) tunes, fi your going to do it, DO IT RIGHT, thats the only way without damaging the pickup, the preprogrammed(canned) tunes are built specific for ur pickup like the custom ones from the site sponsors we have here

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:19 PM
PSN Local

Right on, I've talked with Eric from ID and he recommended the X3 with "standard programs". I just assumed they're your everyday run of the mil programs. I'm new to all this tuning and stuff and would hate, as most people to jack my rig all up.

I have killed two people since midnight, I haven't slept in over 24 hours. So maybe... maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are right now. Jack Bauer
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

ive got gauges and straight piped my factory exhaust and im running matts street race lite tune, which has plenty of power to make the ricers wonder wtf is goin on under the hood of my dually when i run away n hide from them

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:35 PM
id: 5520

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhes160 View Post
Best thing to do is to purchase your SCT from a vendor on this site and ask him or her the same questions. You will get lots of opinions from lots of people but every application is different.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

would anyone be able to tell me what the tuner will do for my gas milage seeing as thats a concern too?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

it will gain a lil bit, depends on what tuning is in your ficm, if it has the latest tune it will go up just not as much as it would with an 03' tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode