Long crank hot - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By electrified120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Long crank hot

I hate to waste everybody's time with another hard start question but need a little help. I have a 06 CC Xlt 4x4 with 260000 miles. Had external oil leak due to bad oil cooler gasket. I took it to a garage and had them replace the oil cooler and egr cooler while they were in that deep.
Got it back and had a long crank times when hot due to low icp oil pressure. Took ipr out and it had a crack new style cap and bad o-ring. Replaced them and did an air pressure test on the hpo system with an ipr adapter to shop air. Found number 5 and 1 injector top o-rings leaking. Replaced injector o-rings with Alliant kit and oil rail cup o-rings with Hbh kit. Checked with air again and all seemed well. Put it all back together and drove it for a couple of days with no problems.
Now I'm back to having a harder time starting it hot. Here's my readings while cranking:
Icp pressure 1200
Ipr 33
Icpv .8
Ficmv 48v
Battery 11v
While running idle:
Icp 580
Ipr 22.8 koeo 14.7
Icp .8 koeo .2
Ficmv 48.5
Battery 13.5
I do have a P0261 code injector 1 circuit low that's new. I changed the oil and fuel filters. Have checked all wiring harnesses. It starts fine in the morning and when it finally starts hot it runs normal. I checked the fuel filter bowl is full do not have a fuel pressure reading.
I bought it used about 6 years ago and did a blue spring upgrade and a number 8 injector back then and the work above this year.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 06:27 PM
PSN Local

Re: Long crank hot

Sometimes that happens with a worn out starter, happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1995 Crewcab XLT 4x4 7.3, E4OD, 3.55, TS 6 chip, RiffRaff air filter.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'll take a better look at it. It sounds good and strong cranking but haven't really thought about it being my starter. That will give me something else to try. Thank you

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Forgot to do this earlier, but wanted to follow up on what it ended up being in case someone else has a similar problem. Finally decided to take it to a local shop and got it to do it for them too but said they couldn't figure it out unless it broke down completely or I wanted to start throwing parts at it. To make a long story short I replaced the starter with a 6.4l starter and it hasn't done it again. Thank you for the help!

Turd-250 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode