3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cummins Junkie
  • 1 Post By Scherf
  • 1 Post By BBslider001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

New 6.0 owner

I am a first time diesel owner, and looking for some insight. I bought a 2006 f250 king ranch. The body has about 235,000 miles on it, but it has a new motor (has about 3500 miles on it). It already has new studs, and EGR delete. I also just ordered an s&b intake, and a 4in hbrp turbo back exhaust. I was thinking about getting the SCT X4 as well. I want better fuel mileage, and to still be able to play around and go fast when I want. Am I missing anything else? I dont want to spend a bunch of money and tear anything up. Any other suggestions on what I should do to make this a long lasting, good running truck? Thabks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 01:54 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: New 6.0 owner

welcome to the forum! have you thought about a ficm tune?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

my farts are so bad, they have been banned in 37 countries!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thabks! I have not. I do not know a lot about all of this. Kind of learning on the fly by reading stuff on here and all. Which one would you reccomend?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 01:27 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage

I, personally, would highly recommend getting a ficm from Bulletproof Diesel. Their products are life savers for these engines. When that normal ficm you got craps the bed, it can take out your injectors with it.

That, and just be on top of maintenance. Seems simple enough but I see so many trucks that have large issues that are rooted in a lack of basic filter and fluid change practices.
Turd-250 likes this.

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 01:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage

You want it reliable then leave the tuner off the truck.... you can build these up to be powerful with reliability but you are looking at a lot of coin... the biggest hurdle is done with that being the studs.

If you want work and some play, go with a swamps FICM with the atlas 40 or 80 tune, but to get full effect you will need imo bigger injectors. To stay reliable get swamps 155/30%ís with some tunes to match..

Add a coolant filter as well.

Thatís where I would draw the line for being 100% reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turd-250 likes this.

2004 F-250 Lariat 6.0L, crew cab, 2006 motor swap, white w/ gray interior, SCT X4, 4'' down pipe with 5'' to a stack, 325/65-18 nitto terra grapplers, air rad intake, egr delete, studded and deleted, FASS System ([email protected]) with sump, 190/100% Swamps Diesel Injectors, atlas 80 PHP FICM, RCD rods, DDPM lifters, Turbo Lab of America turbo.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 01:25 PM
white truck black smoke

I have an 06 6.0 with 300,000 miles on it, I run DP Tuner files with their infinity monitor. They run really good but are conservative enough to not tear anything up. I have 60,000 miles with their tunes with no issues whatsoever. Also I really like the monitoring and diagnostic capabilities of the infinity monitor.

01 F250 Lariat 200/100 swamps hybrids, gtp38r turbo wicked wheel 2, frx, adrenalin hpop, dp tuner, bd trans, 340,000 miles
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Native Californian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUSTIN2008 View Post
I want better fuel mileage, and to still be able to play around and go fast when I want. Am I missing anything else? I dont want to spend a bunch of money and tear anything up. Any other suggestions on what I should do to make this a long lasting, good running truck?
hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaa.......the holy grail. Nope, can't have it all. Make it dependable and enjoy it.
Scherf likes this.

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in