Anyone else have an LED Light Bar in their grill? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By IQRaceworks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Question Anyone else have an LED Light Bar in their grill?

I live out in the country, and the lights on my 05’ F250 are pretty crummy (especially when I’m driving home at night and need to watch for deer)…..so I decided to install a 32” LED Light bar on my truck. We put one on my wives SUV last year, and when you turn it on….it’s like turning on the sun, not joking!

I’m hoping this one will work well…..for $45 off of Amazon, I’m not expecting too much….but the one on my wife’s SUV was also a cheap Amazon one, and it’s been great.

Having the upfitter switches made installation a snap…..from start to finish it took me bout 45min…..30min of that was pulling off the grill and mounting the light. The rest way easy.

Anyone have one installed like this? The one thing I’m worried about it blocking off some of the airflow to the radiator…….not sure if that would really affect the ECT’s much or not. I’ve seen lots of other trucks do it like this…so I’m assuming it should be ok. I just didn’t one a big goofy LEF bar mounting above my windshield….just looks strange, I think mounting it in the grill looks a little “cleaner”.

Thoughts?

letsmow10 and riehl24 like this.

2005 F250 6.0 PSD, ARP Studs, Felpro HG's, EGR Delete, IPR Coolant Filter, Bilstein 5100s, Blue Spring Mod, IDP Custom Tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 07:41 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Anyone else have an LED Light Bar in their grill?

I dont think it blocks enoigh air to make a noticable difference and it looks much better than being mounted above the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmow10 View Post
I dont think it blocks enoigh air to make a noticable difference and it looks much better than being mounted above the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's my thoughts also.....I don't like the big ugly bars mounted above the windshield. I will have to see about the air flow....I should know the next time I tow something. But I don't think it will make much difference either.

2005 F250 6.0 PSD, ARP Studs, Felpro HG's, EGR Delete, IPR Coolant Filter, Bilstein 5100s, Blue Spring Mod, IDP Custom Tunes

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 07:02 PM
PSN Newb

Garage

I don't think it will matter much either. DEFINITELY looks much better than mounted above the cab. I have a buddy with a cab-mounted light bar and it reflects off the dash - very annoying. Great looking setup!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:19 AM
PSN Newb

wow that looks great - can you explain how you wired to the uplifter switches? Great job!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer11 View Post
wow that looks great - can you explain how you wired to the uplifter switches? Great job!!
My up fitter switch wires come out in the engine compartment, right around the degas tank. I just found the lead for the switch I wanted to hook it to, and I ran the wire from the relay that came in the lightbar wiring harness, and BAM!....turn on the uplifter switch, and the light bar lights up. Piece of cake....those uplifter switches make things easy.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 11:58 PM
PSN Veteran

do you have a link to that lightbar? or the dimensions of it? thanks
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

This is the one I installed. It's a 32" curved light bar. Amazon has them for around $50. It's been great....super bright, no issues with it. It even comes with all of the wiring and relay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode