190/100 Warren injectors back to Stock - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

190/100 Warren injectors back to Stock

I searched the forums for this topic specifically and couldn't find anything. A couple days ago, my fuel sending unit went out when I was at a quarter of a tank and stopped providing enough fuels the the heavy injectors that came with the truck when I bought it. They are Warren 190/100 injectors. I had the problem diagnosed and repaired by a reputable shop in town and the truck is now missing and shaking at IDLE as well as in OVERDRIVE. It is my daily driver and I need it repaired as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Pensacola Diesel is local and I can get a good deal on injectors from them. If I pull all 8 and replace them with stock injectors, I assume the truck will run aweful (if not at all) with the tune for those large injectors. The truck is also EGR deleted, will I be able to flash it back to the "stock" tune on my SCT tuner? What is the best way to go about getting it tuned going back to stock with the EGR delete and aftermarket fuel side for the big injectors. Trying to keep my head above water with the dag-gone 6.0. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:08 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 190/100 Warren injectors back to Stock

No.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79jasper View Post
No.

No as in it will not work? I had to do it anyway. Cant get it it started after replacing all 8 injectors. I "returned it to stock" first with the the SCTx4 tuner. Is there a way I can find a stock tune to flash or am I out of options and going to have to take it to the Dealer to flash it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:01 AM
PSN Veteran

If you returned it to stock with the sct, that should be all you need.
It likely didn't start because you now how a ton of air in the system.
My no was to Pensacola. Lol

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ahhh, gotcha. Well to late on that, I didnt end up going with the Remans they had there, went with new. I have been battling with it for four days now, I was thinking it wasnt getting enough fuel in the system so this morning I did 5 key on cycles to get fuel pumped in there ( I was only doing 3 before). I was dumb and did not charge the batteries over night and after 2 15 second cranks it began to try and turn over, I got white smoke from all that fuel out of the exhaust, and my tach jumped (finally) albeit a little to 100 RPM. My batteries did not have enough juice to continue the momentum as it dropped to just below 9V in that crank. I think I may be getting close, getting a full charge on them. Fingers are crossed!! haha I need to mamajamma to turn its my DD. Thinking now that I just have too much air in the fuel system and not enough to get it started. Oil press is getting up to 1500 so I think HPOP and oil rails are good. It just seems like a much harder and longer crank than I have been reading as I scour forums all over the interwebs. Thanks for your replies 79Jasper.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Good news! It is running, and running pretty smoothly actually. It must have been all that air in the fuel lines. Im not sure if it sounds a little different or not with a slight knock or tick. I may be paranoid. Took it out around the block for a test drive. Im not sure if i am just used to tune and those big injectors but I have almost no boost unless I am trying the press the pedal down like a quarter of the way. Then it will creep up to 5 PSI. on the road near the house the speed limit is 45, I didnt go WOT but I gave it some good gas, I got the boost to go above 15 but it still seemed like I should have more power than that. I have never driven it stock. I check the CAC tubes again and they were tight and no holes. The hose from the valve cover up the sensor seems to be in good condition too. Any ideas, does that sound normal?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 12:00 AM
PSN Veteran

I don't think it will even start below 11 volts. (I can't remember the exact number)
It isn't only air in the fuel side, but also air in the oil side.
It will seem pretty laggy compared to big injectors. Lol
As far as I know, I'm on stock tuning. I can hit 40 on the highway. Other times unless I'm really on it, seems to stay below 10 or so.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks for all your help, it seems to be running pretty good, just needed to get all that air out of the system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode