Coolant issues......?????? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Coolant issues......??????

I have FIRERINGED heads from hypermax, And yes they do machine the heads for these gaskets...........

I have innovative tunes, which run crazy cylinder pressures.. I started pushing coolant last Monday... I have been drivin the truck off and on since then, but the last time that I drove it was this Tuesday(March, 9th).. I just went out side to look and see if there was coolant still ON the degas bottle, and there wasnt. But when i cracked the bottle open, there was still pressure in there from almost 3 days ago... If i was pressurising the coolant system, there should be a leak somewhere, and the pressure should have been slowly leaking, but why the PHUCK is there still pressure in the system......... On my way home tuesday i was givin her HELL, the clutch hated me too, and after givin her hell I still didnt see any signs of coolant leakin....
I was ready to pull the cab but now im second guessing the gasket issues... any help would be amazing.....

06 250 CC/SB 6 speed
Aeromotive A1000
Aeromotive regulator
Caterpiller filters
SCT tunes from Rcd
Arp's
full egr delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:58 PM
FREE THINKER

Re: Coolant issues......??????

might be the cap itself? just a guess

1999 7.3, 2wd ,auto
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Anyone.......

06 250 CC/SB 6 speed
Aeromotive A1000
Aeromotive regulator
Caterpiller filters
SCT tunes from Rcd
Arp's
full egr delete

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 AM
It wasn't me

I've had a few bad caps

Newman
A few Fords
Special Thanks to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 02:52 AM
reluctant ford fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadinginaz View Post
I've had a few bad caps
And a few other minor issues.

04 X/4wd/EB/6.no-leaker thanks to Strictly Diesel!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oh stroker View Post
I have FIRERINGED heads from hypermax, And yes they do machine the heads for these gaskets...........

I have innovative tunes, which run crazy cylinder pressures.. I started pushing coolant last Monday... I have been drivin the truck off and on since then, but the last time that I drove it was this Tuesday(March, 9th).. I just went out side to look and see if there was coolant still ON the degas bottle, and there wasnt. But when i cracked the bottle open, there was still pressure in there from almost 3 days ago... If i was pressurising the coolant system, there should be a leak somewhere, and the pressure should have been slowly leaking, but why the PHUCK is there still pressure in the system......... On my way home tuesday i was givin her HELL, the clutch hated me too, and after givin her hell I still didnt see any signs of coolant leakin....
I was ready to pull the cab but now im second guessing the gasket issues... any help would be amazing.....
How much pressure are we talking about? 1psi? 15psi? The pressure is there as your friend to help you raise the boiling point of the fluid. The rate at which the pressure builds is a whole other story.

Email:

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I would say 5 psi..... Was left in the system. Hard to judge though, I never herd of it holdin pressure that long though!!! I'll have go beat the hell outta her and find out what's the deal!!! Thanks Doug!

06 250 CC/SB 6 speed
Aeromotive A1000
Aeromotive regulator
Caterpiller filters
SCT tunes from Rcd
Arp's
full egr delete
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:53 PM
It wasn't me

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
And a few other minor issues.

Smartass!

Newman
A few Fords
Special Thanks to:

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 10:17 PM
PSN Veteran

I'm in the same boat right now. Except I'm losing a gallon of coolant every 3K miles or less. Put dye in it and blacklighted it checking for leaks and nothing :bonk: Anywhere to look other than heads?

Early 99, regular cab, Six Speed, Wildman Tuned, Red wastegate line MIA, muffler MIA, Isspro EGT/Boost, DIY Tymar, EBPV Switch, a slipping South Bend, 2.5" leveling kit, 35x12.5 BFG All-Terrains, 16.5" American Racing wheels SOLD
04, red regular cab, six speed, Edge SOLD
97, silver regular cab 300/200 s300
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Hate 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binder man View Post
I'm in the same boat right now. Except I'm losing a gallon of coolant every 3K miles or less. Put dye in it and blacklighted it checking for leaks and nothing :bonk: Anywhere to look other than heads?
The tailpipe might be a good place to start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode