Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Airdog install..... Chime in

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Brentos 
#1 ·
Bought an Airdog today, supposed to get it before Friday, I was wondering if it replaces the filer assembally under the hood too? I'm obviously gunna remove the one on the frame rail, but I was just wondering if it was possable to eliminate the stock fuel system all together!!!! It's the airdog 150, it's not the ad2 with the regulator built in it... And if it does not allow me to remove the filter under hood, what do I need to do to be able to remove that junker!!Just wondering if I can ditching the little pipes goin to the injectors

#5 ·
Isn't the regulator in that small filter housing???? Soo what would be the best regulator for that complete removal of stock fuel delivery system

#7 ·
A regulated return setup, coupled with the airdog your installing.
I wouldn't remove the lift pump on the top. But if u are tring to get as much fuel with the smalist restriction u mite want to drill the banjo bolts I think PSDPlayer is who I herd say that in a post a few weeks ago not tryin to call him out I MIT be a dumb axx and be wrong.
There is no lift pump on top, that's just a second fuel filter.

#6 ·
I wouldn't remove the lift pump on the top. But if u are tring to get as much fuel with the smalist restriction u mite want to drill the banjo bolts I think PSDPlayer is who I herd say that in a post a few weeks ago not tryin to call him out I MIT be a dumb axx and be wrong.

#8 ·
I already did away with the banjo bolts, completly gone!!! I made my oun stainless lines with earls fittings in the heads!!!! That's not a lift pump under the hood either

#10 ·
Sometimes that's just best to do...:D. You can Learn alot really quick from
guys like psdplayer brentos and abrannan19... Along with others they know psd's like the back o their hands

#11 ·
AD 150 is just a pusher pump(10 - 12 psi), still need your factory framerail pump, or a replacement pump to get the required 55psi +/-. I have run the AD 150 feeding my stocker for at least 1 1/2 years and my fuel pressure didn't budge with 190's or current 185's. I think you will like it.

#12 ·
Heck i didnt even post on this thread and get a complament...lol

Do you have a Fuel pressure gauge in the cab?
if not you need one.
Also as for fuel system up top you can either make your own or buy a kit like the ITP kit...
until you have them two it would be hard to run that airdog stand alone.
il shoot ya a pm with my number so you can call me if ya need its too much typing to point out all the options.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.