FASS Pump with Driven Diesel 75psi Fuel Pressure Spring Review - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Garage
FASS Pump with Driven Diesel 75psi Fuel Pressure Spring Review

So recently I updated my FASS Titanium Water/Air Preparator Fuel Pumps Fuel Pressure Spring from the 55 psi spring it comes with to a Driven Diesel 75 psi Fuel Pressure Spring.

My advice if you're running or plan on running a FASS Titanium Fuel Pump System.. GET IT. My 05 6.0 now has pulling power all across the powerband. Turbo lag is non-existent.. fuel mileage (combination city/highway by the dummy gauge readings) Averaging between 17-20mpg when I'm running my Superchips Flashpaq F5 in MileageXS. Haven't gotten the opportunity to get the truck out on the open highway for an extensive drive yet. But I will update you all on the outcome.

Mind you I am running the stock Ford Blue Regulator Spring and it isn't even phasing it. Because there's now adequate fuel pressure throughout the injection system as apposed to what it was before.

Upon upgrading the fuel pressure spring I also installed the Driven Diesel FASS Titanium Service Priming Kit. Saves the hassle of air bubbles in the lines and eliminates the fuel mess from burping the system.

Best two updates so far that was worth it.

2005 F250 4x4 6.0L Powerstroke
Mods: MBRP 5" TB T409 Exhaust with Stock Catalytic Converter Pioneer AVH-4100NEX w/iPod & Android Connections Banks Intercooler System(Custom Coated) Deka 0/2 Gauge Battery Harness DC Power Red 190a HD Alternator Rancho RS9000XL Shocks Volant PowerCore Intake CCV Filter Kit Powerstop Z36 Calipers/Pads/Rotors
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 02:59 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage
Re: FASS Pump with Driven Diesel 75psi Fuel Pressure Spring Review

i have been looking at doing that spring and prime kit, as for the spring, where does it go and how do you do it? can you make a write up for it? also will it void the Fass warranty? and can it work on there larger pumps? i have the 220GPH @ 55psi

2004 F-250 Lariat 6.0L, crew cab, 2006 motor swap, white w/ gray interior, SCT X4, 4'' down pipe with 5'' to a stack, 325/65-18 nitto terra grapplers, air rad intake, egr delete, studded and deleted, FASS System ([email protected]) with sump, 190/100% Swamps Diesel Injectors, atlas 80 PHP FICM, RCD rods, DDPM lifters, Turbo Lab of America turbo.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 03:01 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage

never mind, i just read fass doesn't recommend it for the larger pumps......

2004 F-250 Lariat 6.0L, crew cab, 2006 motor swap, white w/ gray interior, SCT X4, 4'' down pipe with 5'' to a stack, 325/65-18 nitto terra grapplers, air rad intake, egr delete, studded and deleted, FASS System ([email protected]) with sump, 190/100% Swamps Diesel Injectors, atlas 80 PHP FICM, RCD rods, DDPM lifters, Turbo Lab of America turbo.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Send a message via MSN to Mhatlen

Do you have the 1/2" or 5/8" draw tube in your fuel tank?

If not I would do that sooner then later. The BIGGEST killer of these pumps is still using the 3/8 or 7/16" draw tube that is OEM. I think 2005 it went to 7/16 but its still much too small the pump and thats even if your running the 125 GPH pump.

What it does is starves the pump causing cavitation and destroying the impeller. The FASS pump will become almost silent once the supply line is matching the pump head. The pump will last a lifetime if this is done as well as a proper wiring setup.

I also have the 75 PSI relief spring in my FASS 125 GPH pump. In the fuel bowl I installed that adjustable cover plate that allows you to adjust the blue spring and dial in the fuel pressure to the injectors. I have mine set to 55-58 PSI and it works just like they claim it will. My FASS pump is almost 5 years now and is the Titanium model.

They have very big motors on these pumps so you want to use the proper wire size which most often comes with the pump as a kit vehicle specific.
My first 2006 F250 had a weak OEM fuel pump and after installing the FASS pump I swear I gained 50 HP. But with this truck I just wanted a superior fuel pump so it went straight into current truck.

Good Luck fellas, I have nothing but good to say about the FASS Titanium line of pumps. They have been problem free with ZERO recalls, unlike what Air Dog pumps have been going through. They are on the 4th version of Air Dog and they were all recalled or pulled off the market because of design flaws with the motors pumps and even their O-rings used.

Cant go wrong putting a FASS pump in your truck as far as I'm concerned.

Good Luck fellas.......

2006 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4, ARP Studs, O-Ringed heads Fass 125, Cat EC-1, IPR coolant filter, SCT Tuner w/PHP custom tow tune, Atlas40, Updated Turbo lines/stc/standpipes/D-plugs No EGR, DC Power 270 amp, 4" SS exhaust w/Corsa, Amp Steps, Die Hard AGM Platinums, Icon coils Carli/Deaver leafs 7" of lift, All on Fatty Daddy Toyo MT 38/15.50/18

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in