Thoughts on a Performance Trans? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage
Post Thoughts on a Performance Trans?

I am looking at upgrading my transmission here in the next few months, I have been reading on the web about the different options on transmissions and have just recently found out about NADP Trans.... I haven't not come across many people opinions or thoughts about BD, Suncoast, ATS, NADP, ect... and i was hoping on having some personal opinions on some of these transmissions, and I am more inclined on hearing them from people who have actually had them, not hear say...

I have also noticed though that there is one heck of a line drawn on price when it comes to transmissions... meaning it being 4k or 8k depending on what you get. I will need one to be 800+ rwhp to be safe and not over stress the transmission. with that being said I know where that falls on the side of pricing.... except for one of the above mentioned transmissions.... I would state what one it is, but i dont want any biases on what one you have experiences with...

thanks for the help y'all! you all have been a blessing recently with everything I have had trouble with!

2004 F-250 Lariat 6.0L, crew cab, 2006 motor swap, white w/ gray interior, SCT X4, 4'' down pipe with 5'' to a stack, 325/65-18 nitto terra grapplers, air rad intake, egr delete, studded and deleted, FASS System ([email protected]) with sump, 190/100% Swamps Diesel Injectors, atlas 80 PHP FICM, RCD rods, DDPM lifters, Turbo Lab of America turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Re: Thoughts on a Performance Trans?

I talked to NADP/NAPC in depth
I didn't like the fact they wouldn't give me a build sheet and their warranty plus border BS

I went with a Ford reman to get me by but check out SamWyse

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
I talked to NADP/NAPC in depth
I didn't like the fact they wouldn't give me a build sheet and their warranty plus border BS

I went with a Ford reman to get me by but check out SamWyse
what is their warranty, and what do you mean by border?

2004 F-250 Lariat 6.0L, crew cab, 2006 motor swap, white w/ gray interior, SCT X4, 4'' down pipe with 5'' to a stack, 325/65-18 nitto terra grapplers, air rad intake, egr delete, studded and deleted, FASS System ([email protected]) with sump, 190/100% Swamps Diesel Injectors, atlas 80 PHP FICM, RCD rods, DDPM lifters, Turbo Lab of America turbo.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Administrator

they are in canada

look at their website for current warranty duration

I think they have a good product but i got the feeling that they don't think any issue is their fault so they may fix it under warranty and call it goodwill but you're paying a lot of shipping and parking your ride for a few weeks

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage

@Zmann, ah that is never fun to deal with by any means, and i looked into SamWyse and his are comparable to NADP, and i haven't read anything bad about them, to also add that he is an American company and a heck of a lot closer to Ky. also added into NADP i didnt see any warranty info on the site to be honest.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Administrator

the NADP sites are confusing the NAPC is the same company http://www.napc.ca/pdf/FIN_WarrantyR...MAY15PRINT.pdf

sam Wyse is the way to go IMO
talk to @[email protected] he can give you his firsthand experience on Sams builds and warranty

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage

@corey, what is your thoughts on it?

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 07:33 PM
PSN Local

We do installs also on top of carrying Sam's transmissions. He's honestly probably the best 5R trans builder out there. All his valve bodies and solenoids are flow tested on a Dyno for specific builds. We just need some info from you before the build starts if you decide to go with us.

I know he recently sent a couple 1000hp trans down to PSP Diesel for Art Martinez for his triple turbo shorty.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Zmann likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage

@[email protected], thats good to hear, it is gonna take some time to get the $$$ rounded up. i see y'all are out of ohio as well so that is about a 5hr drive. now out of curiosity, how much is a job like this running these days? and what all is with his trans (meaning torque converter, ect..) then what the R&R time frame?

Thanks Zack.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 05:53 AM
PSN Local

I charge $550 for R&R and that includes 5gal of Amsoil.

Trans does include a triple disk billet cover converter.

You can shoot me an email to [email protected] and I can give you the highlights of the builds and pricing. I can't remember exactly off hand.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode