Injector Problems- Any Suggestions? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Question Injector Problems- Any Suggestions?

Background-I’m running Elite Engineering’s 205cc injectors that were made from new injectors (Ford new, so ford remanufactured), Destroked pistons with Elite’s Competition Piston Rings, a Fuelab fuel pump, and a Dahl150 water/fuel separator. The Power Balance was done in Elite’s Tq-Tow tune and the Relative Compression Test in their Hi-Power tune.
After swapping the turbo exhaust housing back to the .70 housing I am now having some injector issues that must be dealt with. The idle is real rough and choppy, at times shaking the cab! I have ran buzz tests on the injectors when they were cold soaked, cold, warm, hot, and when the engine is running like this and every injector passes every time. I am wondering if any of you guys can look at the following graphs and verify what I think I see- that #1 and #7 cylinder’s injectors are having problems. When running the Power Balance I can turn off those 2 injectors and the engine basically sounds and acts as it does with them turned on. (see graph) I have no experience with the injectors acting up so I’m hoping some one here does and can read the graphs and give me some advice on which injectors I need to pull to have fixed. Also if you look at the Relative Compression Test the only cylinder to show any difference is cylinder #2 at a 1% difference. So taking that into consideration that means that it’s not just injector o-rings that are causing the problem injectors to act up right- it would have to be the spools, correct?
Any and all help on this would be appreciated.

(Printer ran out of color ink for this one)

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous- 2001 Platinum Edition F250 7.3L
SCT LW and FICM tuning-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Regulated Return fuel kits-

ENOUGH SAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Injector Problems- Any Suggestions?

Oh yea- the only DTC's it's throwing are for the VGT Turbo and the EGR which neither are on the truck. It also has a P0671 Glow plug #1 circuit failure and that's it, nothing to do with the injectors.
On Demand codes:
P0046- turbo boost control solenoid
P0405- EGR sensor low
P1408- EGR Flow out of Self-Test Range
P1000- OBDII Drve
U0306- FICM software (Tuned FICM)
Continuous codes are:
P0046- turbo boost control solenoid
P0405- EGR sensor low
P0671- Cylinder No 1-Glow Plug circuit
P1000- OBDII Drve
U0306- FICM software (Tuned FICM)

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission

SCT LW and FICM tuning-

ENOUGH SAID
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:48 AM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

Sounds like what happen to me lol.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Proud Sponsor

guess this goes to show you can have issues with any injector builder and new or remanned. Good luck with the fix. Sounds to me like you should pull those two injectors and send them to elite.

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:09 PM
PSN Veteran

i agree with adam pull the two out and send them to elite and see what they find.

post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:06 PM
diesel and nothing else

Send a message via Yahoo to amarillo250

didnt you just get a build engine???? How come you got all this trouble then.

06 F250 CCSB, still working on it

Thanks to FCDP and all the guys on here for their help.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:40 PM
PSN Veteran

my new injectors are doing the same thing. mine actually threw a contribution code on #6. i sent it in last week. it should be back here soon. tadd is swamped over there. when i got my 205s from them i had to send 2 back. then later on i had to replace a spool valve. it just happens man.

06 crew cab
06 reg cab

post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

They never get any better when they are warm?

Email:

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
They never get any better when they are warm?
No, they don't get better while idling and I didn't go out and drive in the tunes because of how it was idling. Now I do have a tune by Eric that they aren't as bad.

As for the injectors- So is it the general consensus that the problem is with #1 & #7 cylinders/injectors? I've had these since 6/2008 and they weren't stored in oil like I guess they should've been. I'm probably going to send all 8 back in to be looked at and gone thru just to be safe. I just need to mark the trouble injectors.

Quote:
didnt you just get a build engine???? How come you got all this trouble then.
amarillo250- I'm really not sure I follow you. I'm not sure what you've been reading or what you've been told but other than my injector woes (installation torque error and now 2 questionable injectors) and a leaky custom up pipe there hasn't been any "all this trouble". Now I did have trouble re-installing my 62/70 turbo but I would have had that same problem build or no build due to big hands and design flaw. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my built engine

SCT LW and FICM tuning-

ENOUGH SAID
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

I would swap ficms to rule out some bad drivers. Just because it passes a buzz test doesn't rule out a ficm.

Email:

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode