o ring heads - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
6.0 money pit

o ring heads

what are everyones thoughts on o ringing the heads? i know the dodge guys do this alot as do some of the 7.3 guys. this is something thats common on race motors in the gas world, just wondering why or why not this isnt done on the 6.0 or why it isnt as common. from what ive gathered this holding 100+ psi boost pressures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 07:50 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: o ring heads

you have to get a different HG because the multi layer HG don't work well with the oring, and we had some HG made and didn't like the quality but they were a test run anyway, it could be done but it has been proven with a flat block and flat heads the multi layer HG will hold w/ studs.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
6.0 money pit

from what a machine shop nearby that builds race engines was telling me they run, 100+ on a couple dodges with the MLS gaskets.

the o ring would be 4 thousandths into the block and 11 thousandths protruding. he said this has been working great for their customers. im just wanting some direction. as i have seen flat heads and block (on my personal truck) with a1 studs it does not hold over 60 pounds...

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Monkeys have armpits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
you have to get a different HG because the multi layer HG don't work well with the oring, and we had some HG made and didn't like the quality but they were a test run anyway, it could be done but it has been proven with a flat block and flat heads the multi layer HG will hold w/ studs.
after the third time, i'm gonna have to say that a flat block and flat heads with studs did not hold......

I'm putting a set of Liberator o-ringed head on my truck right now. You don't have to use a special gasket. I know of two trucks right now that are running these same heads with arp's and stock gaskets and so will mine.

http://www.liberatorperformance.net/fordproducts.html

Here's a pic of mine that are being installed today actually. Everything should be buttoned up by tomorrow afternoon.

2005 F-250 FX4 CC
bought it, then changed it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Proud Sponsor

I hate o-rings

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
6.0 money pit

Adam you also hate fire rings
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:43 AM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
I hate o-rings
You loved them until you were told they were discontinued...

Email:

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Proud Sponsor

It wasn't the discontinuing that turned me off. I like stock heads..that's just me..my rings cost me way more then they were worth in the long run all for something I did to try to help prevent other issues. Lesson learned.

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
It wasn't the discontinuing that turned me off. I like stock heads..that's just me..my rings cost me way more then they were worth in the long run all for something I did to try to help prevent other issues. Lesson learned.
Atleast your set lasted longer than the 15 minutes that Toby's did when he got them cut by you know who...

Email:

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Proud Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
Atleast your set lasted longer than the 15 minutes that Toby's did when he got them cut by you know who...
this is very very true.

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode