writing tunes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
That go to guy

writing tunes

has anyone used a tuning software to write their own tunes for there truck i use HP tuners for tuning some gas cars and trucks LS mainly but i found out that they support the 6.0 so i have been playing with writing custom tunes and was curious if i was the only one

"Giblet".....96 international 4700 lowpro 19ft alum. bed and wheel lift wit a 7.3 dt-444 with mp8-sold

2006 F-250 diamond eye 4" straight pipe, S&B intake, Blue spring upgrade, Sct x4 with innovatives extreme street
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:14 PM
PSN Local

Re: writing tunes

How does it work for you? I've always been interested in writing my own tunes, but it seems like it would be rather difficult to learn

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
That go to guy

theres a learning curve which ive only been writing tunes since christmas ive tried to mimic my innovative extreme street tune but i can't im either smokey and laggy or high boost and no smoke but erics been doing this for along time and im street tuning he has a dyno but i like it to be in control and it gives me things to do in my down time and now they offer ficm tuning so i don't have to buy another tuner or anything like that i just wish more people did it or i had someone to talk to about it but no one in my area does this stuff except with efi live and ive looked at them files and this is a whole different animal than a cummins or duramax

"Giblet".....96 international 4700 lowpro 19ft alum. bed and wheel lift wit a 7.3 dt-444 with mp8-sold

2006 F-250 diamond eye 4" straight pipe, S&B intake, Blue spring upgrade, Sct x4 with innovatives extreme street

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 12:13 PM
PSN Local

That's kinda what I figured... would be nice to be able to do ficm tunes with the same setup for sure. When you say street tuning, you mean live tuning? That would be sweet

I must comment on the long sentence lol

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
That go to guy

yea im bad about puncuation i just ramble on and forget i don't hunt and peck as im typing but i do run on that was what my english teachers would right on my test all the time lol you still have to stop and flash which is alittle slow but yea i make an adjustment if i need more or less i just stop make adjustment and reflash i wish i had dyno so i know im making more power each time or less. im having a bit of a lag issue and trans tuning but its not the software its me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode