EGR/ Turbo prob. ??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

EGR/ Turbo prob. ???

I just put a EGR del. on my 03. befor i put it on I was geting 32 to35 PSI of boost. after i cant even hit 30PSI and the turbo will build boost by its self i hold my foot on the gas and stay at one speed and my boost will jump from 10PSI to 5PSI and back and forth. I hooked it up to a SnapOn programer and it looks like its tryin to read my EGR but i took it out ??????? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
PSN Local

Re: EGR/ Turbo prob. ???

WAS IT JUST THE DUMMY VALVE, IN PLACE OF THE EGR VALVE.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 PM
PSN Local

might check your uppipe collector to turbo connection, if you removed the turbo. could have an exhaust leak there.

04 CCSB Lariat, 4x4, studded & deleted(Elite), Garrett stage 1(DI), Innovative tunes, DS coolant filter, FS2500, Banks intercooled, 17x9 MT classicII's, Nittos, trans rebuilt by me, B&M shift kit, billet converter...sold

04 F450 RC studded & deleted(FCDP), alum. wheels, pulls the gn.

05 build in progress...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
it's an 02 05 08

make sure you intercooler tube is connected and the clamps are tight and all plugs are connected

2002 ext. cab lwb 4x4 7.3
05 front 08 rear conversion
4in lift,forged rod motor,tunes by tsd,bts trans,6.0 transcooler,6 autometers to watch,studs,springs,push rods,238cc hybrids,itp reg return,stealth hpop,tsd custom fuel system and sump,an so on
6.0's pay the bills and 6.4's soon..
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I checked all of the clamps and even took it back apart to make shore i dident forget to do something I got new hardened bolts for my up pipe to the manifold made shore the up pipe fland fited into the turbo and put a pry bar behind it to keep it in place then put the v clamy on it. Ive had it apart 3 times and i put in new intake gaskets and all uther oring/gaskets needed. I checked all the boots for cracks and make shore thet the clamps were on behind the lip of the int. tubes the kit is a bypass sorry not a delete it has a tube that takes the place of the cooler with a new hose gasket ex.ex.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

The kit is from Liberator. the dude form for that hooked it up to a SnapOn data Programer told me it was thring to reed the egr or egt for the egr i rilly dident get what he was talking about but he took it dawn the road with it on and he said when it was tring to reed and couldnt it was backing off the boost. Do i need to get a tune or something of that nature for the computer to bypass the reeding that he said it was giving?????
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
PSN Local

Plug the EGR valve back in and lay it on the intake. Test drive it and see what happens.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
professional slacker

I have the liberator kit and I never noticed a boost difference when I had the valve unplugged.....it runs fine on a stock tune, just throws a soft code.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:02 PM
PSN Local

I HAVE THE LIBERATOR ALSO , WELDED MY EGR VALVE HOLE SHUT. I DIDNT KNOW THEY MADE A PLATE TO BLOCK OFF THE VALVE. I HAVE THE EARLY 04 AND NO CEL. 32 - 34 PSI. EARLY TURBO 10 BLADE TURBINE WHEEL.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I called Liberator but no answer no big deal left a mesage many they have seen this befor maby I just fd something up if I'm the only one that has this problem lol. I guess this is how u learn I'll try to hook it up and test drive it but not today because I have about 7 to 8 in. Of snow on it rite now and no shack to work in got to love the winter hahaha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode