Need advice on new exhuast system - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Need advice on new exhuast system

My trucks stock exhaust was recently damaged off-roading, so I figured its time for an upgrade. I thinking about an MBRP 5" turbo back single exit systems or an MBRP cool dual exhaust set-up, which if im not mistaken is a
4" system.

What I want to know is which one would be louder? Im opinion, louder is better. Would one provide a slightly larger drop in EGT's? Which one do you guys think looks better?

How many of you guys have a similiar set-up and how do you like it?

-Thanks! Any input would be great!!

-2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 6.0L Powerstroke, RC, LB, Delta pro tool box, S&B cold air intake and intake elbow, 3 1/2" downpipe to 4" pipe to 6" mitre cut Grand Rock stacks, EGR delete, EGT, Boost, Trans. Temp., and volt autometer gauges, added cab lights, lots of small stuff, 106,500 miles.

More to come, I have a LONG wishlist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 AM
HNIC

Re: Need advice on new exhuast system

keep the muffler off if you want loud

thats what wrenches are for dumbass
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 AM
blead Ford Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to gjoski515

i have a diamond eye stainless steel 4 inch from the turbo back and love it, good price and sounds good when u get into it, the 4inch down pipe was the only hard part of the system, but love the sound and performance, have fun and hope you find some good info, i know i have

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:29 PM
PSN Local

5" no muffler...gives a nice tone, its loud and lets your turbo whistle to ya

04 CCSB Lariat, 4x4, studded & deleted(Elite), Garrett stage 1(DI), Innovative tunes, DS coolant filter, FS2500, Banks intercooled, 17x9 MT classicII's, Nittos, trans rebuilt by me, B&M shift kit, billet converter...sold

04 F450 RC studded & deleted(FCDP), alum. wheels, pulls the gn.

05 build in progress...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Proud Sponsor

5" is just a deeper tone, its not any louder. The major sound changes come from removing the cat and or muffler.

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Thanks for all the input guys! I appreciate it and keep it coming if you like.

Im thinking a turbo-back 5" single right now.

-2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 6.0L Powerstroke, RC, LB, Delta pro tool box, S&B cold air intake and intake elbow, 3 1/2" downpipe to 4" pipe to 6" mitre cut Grand Rock stacks, EGR delete, EGT, Boost, Trans. Temp., and volt autometer gauges, added cab lights, lots of small stuff, 106,500 miles.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 PM
PETE ENGR PSD

You wont regret it

KEVIN
2006 F-350 Kingranch 79,XXX

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

I really want to straight-pipe the truck, will doing so throw any codes or something like that? The guys I was talking to at the shop today seems concerend that it might. He said its no problem for older trucks, but he was unsure about newer ones (hows my 03 newer??).

So will just adding an MBRP exhaust without the muffler or anything cause any issues?

Ive never heard of any issue with straight-piping the older trucks, just the newer ones that are plagued by the DEF filters and such.

Thanks guys!

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Im meant DPF not DEF.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
diesel and nothing else

Send a message via Yahoo to amarillo250

i got my 06 to a muffler shop and they did a great job on a 4 dp and 5 straight pipe witch comes out in front of the rear wheel with a 5inch 90degr. chrome tip. The sound is sick and you do not want hit wot with that under a overpass or in a tunnel . no codes ever seen

06 F250 CCSB, still working on it

Thanks to FCDP and all the guys on here for their help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode