Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

bulletproof diesel egr cooler

10K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  PSDPlayer 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone was running that cooler setup on their truck? I've seen a lot of hype about it in "diesel power" but not much on here. I wondered what y'all's take was on it? I guess its not really a delete is it? Just an upgraded setup over stock.

#5 ·
Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else made an alternative/upgrade for the oil cooler setup. Or you guys just re-build them when you do egr delete and call it good?

#6 ·
The Bullet Proof EGR cooler is a very well built cooler that is modified and will out perform the stock OEM cooler. They have two different models. One is the just beefed up and other is blocked. The two ends of the cooler have plates blocking the flow of the exhaust gases.

#12 ·
Im putting one in at the end of this month hopefully, im a cali 6.0
I will probably be putting this on once its time to smog. I've talked to a couple guys who run them and really seem to like them. Wish I could delete the whole darn thing, but since I'm in Cali looks like I have to do the best option in a losing situation. Right now I run Elite's block off plate, but I have this kit sitting here waiting for me once I do my second head stud job :(

#9 ·
Im putting one in at the end of this month hopefully, im a cali 6.0

#13 ·
I have seen one up close. Its a quality unit. But I like the delete route better

#15 ·
I bet soon enough we will all be using these things... diesel emissions testing is not getting any easier.

#20 ·
#21 ·
I spoke with Gene at bullet proof yesterday and they will not be needing a carb sticker on their coolers. I don't really think anyone knows what to expect. I should be getting my letter here soon since I register mid April.

#30 ·
Move to VA.... :poke:

Diesel-powered vehicles:

1997 and newer diesel vehicles with a manufacturer’s designated gross vehicle weight rating of 8,500 pounds or less will receive the on-board diagnostic computer system test. Diesel vehicles will not receive the tailpipe test, fuel cap pressure test, visual component inspection, or the visible smoke inspection.

Let me translate that....if you have no CEL and no codes, you PASS!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.