PHP FICM Tunes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage
PHP FICM Tunes

Have a co-worker who outright bought a Gryphon tuner from PHP, so I bought a tune from PHP, loaded it onto his tuner and went to work. I've only tried three of them so far: economy, Atlas 40, and Atlas 80. I do not have mileage figures, as I just installed the tune yesterday, but after a few tanks I'll make a report. As for the rest? Well, the install went smoothly and quickly. Just follow the directions on the screen, wait less than two minutes, and it's tuned! Pretty damn simple. The most difficult part was pulling the relay....which isn't difficult at all.

Economy: no real noticeable increase in power (obviously), but you can definitely feel the reduced turbo lag. There's no more weird feeling of pushing the go pedal and not having the engine change RPM, or not having the truck move. Just a slight depressing of the pedal and off you go. It's not quite like a gasser, but it's a huge difference!

Atlas 40: All the low end stuff is much like above, but with a little bit extra. I would say slightly improved bottom-end feel than the economy. However, when you get on it, oh yeah....you can tell the 40 or so extra ponies are there! Smooth delivery too. No odd sudden burst of power.

Atlas 80: Low end is like the 40. Anything more than about 1/8-1/4 of the way into the pedal travel and you get a considerable increase in power without it being too quick of a delivery. Strong, smooth, linear power delivery. Feels very nice. With my around town driving, I found I actually had to change my driving habits, as I was accelerating much faster, and would wind up going too fast at times as well. As for top end? Well, the initial oomph from a stop with a WOT run is stronger than stock for sure, but the real magic happens after about one second when the turbo finally spools up to full boost. I would think my girlfriend's "OOOF!" and "HOLY ####!" as she was slammed into the back of her seat should give you a hint. lol It's like someone put an angry honey badger in there when I tip that pedal now. Combined with my new exhaust, it's downright scary considering I have zero power mods besides this tune. And yet, it's a docile kitten until you want the tiger to roar. VERY happy with this tune for sure.

I also want to chime in on their customer service. I ordered it Thursday morning. As it's an electronic file, I would have thought I would get an email right back telling me how to download it. Nope. Friday at work I finally get a chance to follow up with them....just as I realized it was 5 minutes til they closed. Oops. First person I spoke to handled me. I didn't get transferred, didn't get put on hold. Angela even knew who I was before I even told her! Either I was the only one who ordered a tune or they have caller ID. lol Turns out, they need to know what serial number the Gryphon is in order to get it programmed properly, which is why there was a delay. See, they couldn't find my name in their system, which caused a hiccup....it wasn't purchased under my name. Well, I didn't have the serial number because it was at home and I was at work. No problem, she said. She said she would text me, and when I got home I could text her back the number, and she would set it up so I would be able to do the install first thing the next day. So not only did I get taken care of right when I called, I had one of their employees do some work from home, during her off time, to make sure I was satisfied. Can't ask for better than that!!
Zmann and SparkyF250 like this.

2004 Excursion 6.0
New HPOP/HPO system o-rings; Updated standpipes and dummy plugs
EGR delete; Rebuilt oil cooler; CCV collection mod
VR Black Diamond head gaskets and ARP studs
Oil and coolant bypass filters; Shell EC-1 coolant
Rebuilt turbo; 250 amp alt; 6000 watts of brain scrambling
One giant 240 pound English Mastiff riding shotgun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 02:04 AM
Administrator

Re: PHP FICM Tunes

I run the Hercules and get an amazing 2-3 MPG better

i am in economy FICM now because i was towing and have not re calibrated and my MPG is down 1 mpg from the Herc tune lol

my truck used to get 11 mpg no matter what now i can get a steady 13 .6 unless i idle a lot or slow in town driving
SparkyF250 likes this.

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:39 AM
PSN Local

Garage

Is it possible to get these tunes for the SCT X4?

Those that don't read the news are uninformed.....Those that do are misinformed.
-Mark Twain

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 01:59 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

sub'd! I was hoping to know the answer to that question as well ^^^

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

my farts are so bad, they have been banned in 37 countries!
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 02:17 PM
PSN Newb

PHP FICM Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC41 View Post
Is it possible to get these tunes for the SCT X4?

No these tunes are specifically for your ficm. The sct only tunes the ecm and tcm.

I have the atlas 40 along with WPE race tune. Last tank had me at 15.7 mpg and thats with being somewhat modest with the skinny pedal. I did see a 2 mpg increase after my zf6 swap. Before the best i could hope for was high 13s/low 14s. But i have had alot of variables change since so its hard to tell what really helped alot more.

But i cant conplain getting about 16 mpg with a CCLB on 35s and a 6" lift
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 03:24 PM
PSN Local

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jme2152 View Post
No these tunes are specifically for your ficm. The sct only tunes the ecm and tcm.

I have the atlas 40 along with WPE race tune. Last tank had me at 15.7 mpg and thats with being somewhat modest with the skinny pedal. I did see a 2 mpg increase after my zf6 swap. Before the best i could hope for was high 13s/low 14s. But i have had alot of variables change since so its hard to tell what really helped alot more.

But i cant conplain getting about 16 mpg with a CCLB on 35s and a 6" lift

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll just have to send my ficm in to be programmed. I really want to put the Atlas 40 on it.

Those that don't read the news are uninformed.....Those that do are misinformed.
-Mark Twain
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 03:33 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC41 View Post
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll just have to send my ficm in to be programmed. I really want to put the Atlas 40 on it.

Thats exactly what i did. I think it was a 5-7 day turn around
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 03:34 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

This film tuning is foreign to me... is there a good writeup on here that could get guy up to speed?

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 03:36 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd-250 View Post
This film tuning is foreign to me... is there a good writeup on here that could get guy up to speed?

What exactly are you trying to learn?
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 04:00 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jme2152 View Post
What exactly are you trying to learn?
for some reason i though weatherlite was saying he was loading ficm tunes through obd2 port just like a custom/canned tune for the ecm like you'd see in a sct tuner... but i always thought a ficm tune was something hard-programmed, requiring sending the ficm unit out to a facility like PHP. so i've discombobulated myself lol

so ... i guess... how DO you change FICM tunes?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode