II's turbo drain tube...DIY? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Question II's turbo drain tube...DIY?

Can you make one of these DIY? Where would you find the parts? Anyone got a parts list?

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous- 2001 Platinum Edition F250 7.3L
SCT LW and FICM tuning-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Regulated Return fuel kits-

ENOUGH SAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Its a wild ride...

Re: II's turbo drain tube...DIY?

Got problems with the one I sent you? It was brand new from II when you got it. Unfortunately they're not the most reliable piece...

Kurt

2006 True Blue/Silver F250 Crew cab
Just the normal bolt ons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
Rule number 1 in owning a 6.0: DON'T HALF ASS ANYTHING!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Do yourself a huge favour and take a stock steel drain tube and modify it for the 62/70. The Industrial drainlines are CRAP!!

2005 F350 Crewcab 4x4 6.0L
64mm turbo, NADP race tranny, tuning by Eric at Innovative Diesel

2004 F250 4x4 6.0L
Work in progress.......
EDE heads, cam, pistons, hybrid injectors, Hypermax rods,
2 really big turbos and a whole bunch of other crap to come.....
Tuning by Innovative of course!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 01:45 AM
PSN Veteran

i used the bd one and then cut a section out and put a 3/4 silicon hose in its place for a little flex. so far so good. i think II updated that drain tube but im not positive.

06 crew cab
06 reg cab

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Angry Re: II's turbo drain tube...DIY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Got problems with the one I sent you? It was brand new from II when you got it. Unfortunately they're not the most reliable piece...
Ummm, which did you send me? You mean the tube you sent in the box that you said was the wrong one? I don't remember you sending me one. Now II sent me one when I had you send the turbo directly to them to be rebuilt before I ever got/seen it That one was on the turbo when I pulled it and I didn't screw it up while I was pulling the turbo- I screwed it up on the bench afterwards Then I ordered another one ($109 shipped 2nd day with oil feed gasket) and the damn collar that goes into the HPOP cover broke off it right under that o-ring and I had to dig it out. I creased that tube yanking the turbo out because I was so pissed off I have 2 more coming in this morning from II via UPS overnighted by 1030am. I'm actually hoping to end up with a spare but who knows. It doesn't help having big friggin hands trying to get under there, lol. I might try something else this morning- when I pulled the turbo I unbolted the pedestal to make it easier to remove the turbo. It also allowed more room to pull the tube out of the HPOP cover- I may try that to re-install it, might get lucky who knows. I just need to get it done and get the damn truck back up to Logan/CenTex.
I was actually even thinking about ordering a TN 6.0L turbo pedestal They aren't the purdiest but look like it'd be easier to remove/install the turbo without having to pull the drain tube everytime. I had a local company (Apollo for those of you local) make me a drain tube since I have one of the good collars left. I had my ol' lady swing by and pick it up for me while she was out and when she seen it she noticed that the fitting's I.D. was smaller than the II's. The guy told her "it just looks that way". Well, according to my sharpie that will slide right into the II's and won't even start in the Apollo's. Sucks to because Apollo only charged $27 versus the $85 each + shipping for the II tube LMAO- I've almost spent as much money that I was saving by doing it myself

Anyone know where to order the collars II uses to slide into the HPOP cover?

Tyler you have a PM

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission

SCT LW and FICM tuning-

ENOUGH SAID
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Lead-Don't follow.

scott- you have a PM

-06 F250 6.0L-SOLD
“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”
---2011 F250 6.7 CCSB---
IDP Tuning+Torq2 | AFE | Recon | AMP steps | RBP wheels | Nitto
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Its a wild ride...

The drain line that was on the charger when I sent it to II for you was the brand new one with a new collar. The spare in the box that I sent directly to you was the used one. The spare did not have the collar on it because it also broke on me when it was on my truck. The damn collars are the problem. I don't think the lines are bad, but the collar is machined so thin and made from aluminum. They are just prone to crack.

Kurt

2006 True Blue/Silver F250 Crew cab
Just the normal bolt ons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
Rule number 1 in owning a 6.0: DON'T HALF ASS ANYTHING!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

That must be how I ended up with the new shiny compressor housing then since it already had a new tube on it and they had to make up for the cost

I've got faith that the SOB will be going together today- like I said I'm going to lub up that collar with Vaseline

SCT LW and FICM tuning-

ENOUGH SAID
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 06:24 PM
WINNING

Man I hope I dont have this many problems with my drain tube when I install it.

-French

2002 VW Jetta TDI
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 PM
PursuitInterceptor

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode