Sct vs edge??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Sct vs edge???

Ive got the 6.0 and it currently has the ol sct xcal2, ive had my eye on the sct 5015 ts but have had a few people tell me go edge. I know i want to be able to change the setting on the go unlike my xcal inwhich i can not. Ive got cold air, egr delete, 4 inch exhaust arp head studs.... om just looking to make more power and better fuel milage but still be able to switch it to stock with the push of a button. Any help would be great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:30 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: Sct vs edge???

welcome to the forum!
for several years now, Edges tuners were not recommended for the 6.0, but just within the last few days I was enlightened lol! Looks like they have a new one out that competes with SCT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Williford View Post
Edge now has the CTS2 Pro which will allow you to load custom tunes from tuners. Wish they would have come out with it 8 months ago and I would not have had to buy my x4 lol ...
subscribed - always in the mood to hear more on this type thing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

my farts are so bad, they have been banned in 37 countries!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Does the edge come with tunes or do i have to load custom tunes? Im looking for plug in and go, im not into the technical part of loading and getting custom tunes

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:48 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

fair question! not sure about it having pre-loaded tunes or not. haven't had a chance to read about it yer, but i bet it would have some basic tunes pre-loaded if you bought it outright. If you buy it from a performance diesel company, i would imagine they would load tunes written custom for your truck onto your device for you. seems that they are pretty good about helping out if you're buying from them lol

might be worth a call/email to a vendor on here to see how they deal with this new tuner

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ok thanks!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:51 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

no prob! one other thing to consider, if you have (or plan to have) and egr delete, you'll want to know whether the pre-loaded tunes will logically deleted the egr functionality ... that is, turns the CEL off. you have an 05? yeah, 05 to 07s usually pop a light on the dash... just something to think about

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yea it has egr delete already. It doesnt throw a code now

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 01:17 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

ooohhhh you have it tuned with the sct xcal2? or is the truck running on stock tuning?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Its on the xcal2, extreme street setting. Which is the middle setting. The highest one is tittled "get er done" not impressed with whoever did that tune, seems like it was done for smoke. Lots of smoke and no power lol

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 02:02 PM
alleged moderator

edge preloaded tunes are not ford friendly. they also are not transmission friendly.
about the only thing edge tunes are good for are dodges.
get a real tuner for you ford.
or save yourself some money and send your SCT out and have some real tunes put in it since you already have it.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode