6.0 Fuel Systems - Which One? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Addict

6.0 Fuel Systems - Which One?

I am running stock injectors and a stock turbo but will be spraying the max amount of nitrous needed to clean up any remaining fuel within the next month. I was thinking I might want to upgrade my fuel system to give some relief to the stock pump and injectors. What do you recommend and why? Also, I noticed FASS and a few others have fuel systems but what is this "Fuel Intensifier" DJ sells and is it the same principal or different? Perhaps DJ could explain it himself if he sees this? Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Sponsor

Re: 6.0 Fuel Systems - Which One?

With what you are planning, DJ's system is great. I run it with 190 injectors, and the pressure stays put at 55. It is a great system, and looks nice too. If your planning on bigger, you will need something more. The FASS system has other benefits too. It seperates the fuel and air bubbles in the diesel fuel, and delivers 100% pure diesel to the injectors. Helps performance, and mileage.

Here is a link to my DJ's intensifier system.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ead.php?t=7848
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Proud Sponsor

I like the fass..Fuel/Air /Water sepertaor..if you are in a really cold climate and have problems with fuel gelling..it has an input for a heater ( not nec. for me but just saw it and thought it was neat)

i went with the 150/180

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

I personally don't consider the FASS or AirDog a "Fuel System". IMO, they are "pieces" of a fuel system. In either case, they serve as a lift pump, filter, water separator and most importantly "air removal device".

If you are wanting to improve the fuel flow/pressure at the injectors, you'll need to do mods to the fuel system components on the engine itself. There are several ways to go, from simple replacement of the feed lines and factory regulator to a full blown "Regulated Return" setup. I personally favor the latter as it offers the most benefit in terms of flow improvement, adjustability of pressure, etc.

You can see my offering HERE.

I'm sure others will chime in with differing opinions, products, etc. Do your homework and pick the one that you feel best suits your needs.

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

/

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Sponsor

Hey Dennis, just out of Curiosity, why did you use Banjo fittings over elbows? Was there any indications that it worked better? Yours has return lines off the back of the head also correct?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Addict

Thanks for the information guys! Good stuff! Keep the info coming . . .

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITPDiesel View Post
I personally don't consider the FASS or AirDog a "Fuel System". IMO, they are "pieces" of a fuel system. In either case, they serve as a lift pump, filter, water separator and most importantly "air removal device".

If you are wanting to improve the fuel flow/pressure at the injectors, you'll need to do mods to the fuel system components on the engine itself. There are several ways to go, from simple replacement of the feed lines and factory regulator to a full blown "Regulated Return" setup. I personally favor the latter as it offers the most benefit in terms of flow improvement, adjustability of pressure, etc.

You can see my offering HERE.

I'm sure others will chime in with differing opinions, products, etc. Do your homework and pick the one that you feel best suits your needs.
Wow! Nice looking system! This is going to be a harder decision than I thought . . .

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Sponsor

elite has a complete system that comes with an aeromotive pump, new lines and a reg. Return system. The pump maintains 60psi with 275s. Dennis also has a nice reg. return.

CenTexDiesel.com
Logan Schneider
830-885-6500
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 07:14 PM
PSN Veteran

I built my own system on my truck. I think it is a work of art, BBUNTING doesn't thing so and hides the parts for all his pictures of the turbos. He says it is a hack job, but I contend that it works.

If I was to do it over I would most likely buy a pre-made kit and not make one as I did.

Jeremy Johnson
Search "lubeowner" on youtube for many truck pulling videos.
dieseldr.net
We build Powerstroke pulling trucks.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalpilot View Post
Hey Dennis, just out of Curiosity, why did you use Banjo fittings over elbows? Was there any indications that it worked better? Yours has return lines off the back of the head also correct?
Elbows won't fit dual alternator trucks (at least none of the elbows I tried).

My banjos (fitting and bolt) flow more than stock (3 larger chamfered holes instead of 2 tiny ones).

My tubing is larger than stock too...I don't use rebent stock lines, the banjos and tubing are 100% new and CNC bent for me...not modified later.

I didn't test with elbows or do any comparisons. I built my system to fit EVERY truck, not just single alt trucks...and that required banjos.

Yes, mine is a full regulated return, so it does include lines off the rear of the heads. Those are also custom CNC bent using the same high flow banjos.

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

/

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode