well both head gaskets are blown.. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

well both head gaskets are blown..

I droped the truck off yesterday for the tea kettle whistle I have heard for the past year. Also drinks a gallon a month of antifreeze. The dealer says is it tuned I say no. This morning they call and say is it or has it ever been tuned, Again I say no. They say well it needs new headgaskets and I when we pull the heads we can see if you are telling the truth. I have been running stock for 5k. Hope this goes well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Plays with Motors

Re: well both head gaskets are blown..

They're feeding you a line of BS - there's no way to tell if there's been a tune just by pulling the heads - all that water consumption has destroyed any circumstantial evidence like excess carbon, which could be any number of issues other than a tune. If they cannot find evidence of a tune in the PCM, they are not going to find it.

Just don't tell them you post on here....

2011 335i M-Sport
2000 F-250 7.3L ( Sold )
1966 Mustang Fastback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

What if you had a spray pattern on top of the piston from to much timing ??

Gene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with less stuff
Builder & Driver of

Builder of

post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Gene. Thats what I am afraid of. I have been searcing posts all day and I have yet to see a innovative tuned sct cause the 5 star pattern. Innovative themselves says that there tunes will not do it. I have been running stock for 5k hoping it would cover up any and all of the tell tales. I just do not know what say if I get the phone call saying we cant warranty it..
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
They're feeding you a line of BS - there's no way to tell if there's been a tune just by pulling the heads - all that water consumption has destroyed any circumstantial evidence like excess carbon, which could be any number of issues other than a tune. If they cannot find evidence of a tune in the PCM, they are not going to find it.

Just don't tell them you post on here....

I agree. I tool the psn.com and the comp d stickers off. All it has now is a aftermarket exhaust
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 AM
Cummins Power

Should have sprayed some water through it. It'll clean everything off.

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Sponsor

I tore Richards apart, and it had very little sign of a tuner......well other than the rod stuck throught the side of the block.
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
ROCKSTAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepower02 View Post
Gene. Thats what I am afraid of. I have been searcing posts all day and I have yet to see a innovative tuned sct cause the 5 star pattern. Innovative themselves says that there tunes will not do it. I have been running stock for 5k hoping it would cover up any and all of the tell tales. I just do not know what say if I get the phone call saying we cant warranty it..
I just had heads off of mine and it had been tuned for 28k miles. Look at my pictures. There is NO START PATTERN. ALL BS! It's just a scare tactic. Many say it happens and not 1 person has a picture of it. All of us that don't have it took pictures. HMMMMM!

2007 F-350 SRW LARIAT OUTLAW
You must be fast 'cause you were hauling ass when I passed you!!
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Sponsor

I have seen it on several motors. Its not BS, but it usually happens with an Edge/predator/module that uses too much timing. Its definitely something real.
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalpilot View Post
I have seen it on several motors. Its not BS, but it usually happens with an Edge/predator/module that uses too much timing. Its definitely something real.
It is real and happens on stock timing as well.

Shawn Carlson
Proud Navy Vet
2005 F250, CC, 6.0 PSD, FX4
(The Sweet Unit)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode