REV Limiter Sound???? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

REV Limiter Sound????

Anyone experienced this before. After my injector upgrade and other mods, there seems to be a rev limiter type sound when I stand on it. Fuel pressure does drop, but only to about 45 psi from 55. One other thing is that when I rev it up it comes back to an idle about 350 rpm higher than normal, almost like it's being choked. The only way to get the idle back to normal is to shut the truck off and start it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: REV Limiter Sound????

Here's something to try:

Go out on the highway, and bring the truck up to speed, and then in top gear, roll into it without downshifting. (Roll into it till your WOT, or until your not comfortabe with the speed.)
-If it starts to jerk around, but the fuel pressure is good, it could be your HPOP starting to die. (Prolly works good with stock injectors, but can't keep up with the bigger stix.)

2003 F-350 KingRanch 4x4
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

I'll give that a shot.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 02:05 AM
PSN Veteran

it will randomly idle higher with the larger injectors for a while

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Who is Obama?

Send a message via AIM to razorscs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johiocity View Post
Anyone experienced this before. After my injector upgrade and other mods, there seems to be a rev limiter type sound when I stand on it. Fuel pressure does drop, but only to about 45 psi from 55. One other thing is that when I rev it up it comes back to an idle about 350 rpm higher than normal, almost like it's being choked. The only way to get the idle back to normal is to shut the truck off and start it again.
I have the exact same issue!!! Like literally identical. I guess the HPOP could be the issue, because I'm only dropping to 45 psi as well...

SOLD 2002 F350

SOLD2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

NEW 2004 F250 CCSB 4" Lift on 35" Road Venture AT KL78, Matt's tunes, Turbo Back Exhaust, River City 62mm Non-Vgt Turbo.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

went out today and slowly made my way to wot with no problems up to 100. still noticed after i did that, the idle jumped up and stayed that way until restart. the only time i seem to be having the problem is when i literally stand on it from standstill or low speed. Help please... I may be going crazy, but the truck just doesn't seem to run the same way twice.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 02:33 AM
PSN Veteran

icp sensor or ipr. worst case is the hpop
hook it up to a scanner

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Sponsor

When you put injectors in, it will always idle funny. Mine changes every time I drive it. Sometimes it idles at 600, sometimes 750 or higher. Injectors, especially 190's are known for it. You get used to it.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Who is Obama?

Send a message via AIM to razorscs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalpilot View Post
When you put injectors in, it will always idle funny. Mine changes every time I drive it. Sometimes it idles at 600, sometimes 750 or higher. Injectors, especially 190's are known for it. You get used to it.
the other part of it is what I'm experiencing as well. It holds 45 psi fuel pressure at WOT but it sounds like it is bouncing off the rev limiter... I guess thats what Brentos is talking about.

SOLD 2002 F350

SOLD2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

NEW 2004 F250 CCSB 4" Lift on 35" Road Venture AT KL78, Matt's tunes, Turbo Back Exhaust, River City 62mm Non-Vgt Turbo.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

I'm starting to think it's my tranny.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode