EGR Block-Off Plate? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

EGR Block-Off Plate?

Hey guys! I'm trying to do as much as I can to prevent headgasket failure on the cheap (ironic huh?). But I was thinking about getting an EGR Block Off Plate installed? I have a 03, so should I? Is it worth it? And how much did it cost you guys to get installed?

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 01:48 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: EGR Block-Off Plate?

I was able to do all my own work except getting the plug welded in the up-pipe. Takes some long extensions and some time but saved me the cash.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 11:09 PM
PSN Local

Thats one way to do it but its restrictive. Better off buying the delete kick from what i have heard.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Please explain how the block off plug is restrictive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

:bump: :bump:

Blake

4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 AM
PSN Local

the plate is worth it if it is impossible do the whole delete kit, but the cooler can still fail and cause you problems. the delete kits seem exspensive but if you price the replacement cost of a oil cooler, egr cooler, egr valve, downtime, and labor they are pretty cheap.

04 CCSB Lariat, 4x4, studded & deleted(Elite), Garrett stage 1(DI), Innovative tunes, DS coolant filter, FS2500, Banks intercooled, 17x9 MT classicII's, Nittos, trans rebuilt by me, B&M shift kit, billet converter...sold

04 F450 RC studded & deleted(FCDP), alum. wheels, pulls the gn.

05 build in progress...
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 04:54 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

For on a budget I think the best place to start would be to buy a scoopless up pipe. I believe Elite and First Coast offer both without buying the entire kit. This way you have the smooth seamless pipe without the scoop and eliminate the flow into the cooler.

This is the same as putting in a plate, but will remove any possible restrictions in the pipe and I think better for the long run.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 05:41 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdzlduty View Post
the plate is worth it if it is impossible do the whole delete kit, but the cooler can still fail and cause you problems. the delete kits seem exspensive but if you price the replacement cost of a oil cooler, egr cooler, egr valve, downtime, and labor they are pretty cheap.
Well put, you can either do this multiple times with the cooler, or just get rid of the cooler from the beginning and dont worry about anymore, just my thoughts.

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

So should I get a bypass or delete kit? I'm still under warranty

Blake

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:46 PM
DILLIGAFF

Send a message via AIM to Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
For on a budget I think the best place to start would be to buy a scoopless up pipe. I believe Elite and First Coast offer both without buying the entire kit. This way you have the smooth seamless pipe without the scoop and eliminate the flow into the cooler.

This is the same as putting in a plate, but will remove any possible restrictions in the pipe and I think better for the long run.
iirc the 03 pipes dont have the scoop.

2006 F-250 CC King Ranch, Harley Headlights w/ 55w HIDs
ARP studs, MBRP 4" exhaust and AM Colbalts By:
, AFE stg. 2 Pro Guard 7 from XDP, SCT from innovative!
14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode