how does the extreme street tune run? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

how does the extreme street tune run?

I just bought extreme street tune for my 2006 f-350 dually 6.0 with manual transmission, everything's stock besides the gutted cat/muffler. I was just wondering how it runs on your trucks, on my truck it has alot of lag but once it hits like 2200-2300 it takes off. Another thing is when its up in the rpms when i let off, it like has a delayed reaction and doesn't idle back down, i have to wait a few seconds after i let off the pedal to shove the clutch in to shift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:25 AM
BRING DA AMBALAMPS

Re: how does the extreme street tune run?

mine runs great! the street type tunes won't really kick in till around that RPM range that way normal daily driving is still managable but when you get into it...hold on!

2005 CC FX4...compounds and everything else that goes with em.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Steamfighter

My street tune is pretty good with my 6 speed , but i found that if you just roll into the throttle smooth , it reacts better than mashing it to the floor . Don't notice any carry over or delay after getting off the throttle .

2006 F350 6 wheeler. some mods done thanks to First Coast Diesel Performance , but more to come!! .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steamfitter local 602 Washington D.C.

2005 F250 OVERLOADED WORK HOSS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yea but I ran the canned performance tune that my SF3 came with and that tune was great for low end power, it pulled pretty hard and had almost no lag but it had a issue in the upper rpm with it fading in and out so i had Eric make me up some custom tunes. but i am not sure if i like all the lag, especially for pulling out on hills and what not, i don't like to slip the clutch to hard and the canned performance tune i could pretty much not even give it gas and let the clutch out normal. Also another thing, I don't have an exhaust temp gauge yet, do I have to worry bout exhaust temps getting to hot, i am not hauling anything with it and if i do i am turning it down to the tow tune i have. Like i said I have gutted cat/muffler. Thanks
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Steamfighter

Mines an 06 350 dually manual w/ 4:10's Erics street tune runs lower egts than the agg tow and stock. (just truck not towing) Haven't towed any thing heavy yet to see how egts compare. I would recommend getting an insight with an egt probe or some gauges though.

2006 F350 6 wheeler. some mods done thanks to First Coast Diesel Performance , but more to come!! .
Steamfitter local 602 Washington D.C.

2005 F250 OVERLOADED WORK HOSS
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 12:50 AM
I make smut cry

RedDog, Where ya from?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 AM
PSN Veteran

unless you got some way good tuning witch is hard to fine 6.0's have horrible lag. mine always did stock and tuned. a full turbo back pipe would help out with the lag a little though.i always had guages and unless i tuned it up pretty high and got into never had a problem. i towed 16k with it to... an egt gauge is a good idea though just to be safe. with all i herd about 6.0's i never let my egts get over 1290. alot of people go higher than that and its okay to but i always liked being safe with the 6.0.

08 6.4 cc/lb.

2006 6.0 just stock..
1960 f100, 12v project.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 01:28 AM
PSN Veteran

runs great. innovative tuning is the best out there...

2006 F250 CCSB

thanks to FCDP and Innovative Diesel
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 01:50 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

I love the way my extreme street runs. It has a little bit of lag, but once it lites, hold on.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 06:51 PM
burning mine saving yours

Well i figured it was time to try Innovatives tunes out, ordered Xtreme, Street, and a Tow tune. Can't wait until i get home off shift, the drive home should be fun

04 6.0l Excursion
4x4
6" Lift, 35' BFG's, Powermax
AFE Intake, CFM+
Swamps 58v ficm, ARP, EGR delete
Sct x3 w/ID,DJ,GH tunes, Autometer/Isspro
4"MBRP SS exhaust cat/muffler delete
6.4 banjos, FPR spring upgrade
Shell Ultra ELC, Coolant filter, CCV mod, Zoodad Mod
07' Harley headlights, 08' Tow mirros
Hellwig swaybar, Billstein 5100's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode