oil cooler upgrade - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
6.0 money pit

oil cooler upgrade

has anyone heard or seen elites oil cooler upgrade kit? have been looking at the site and dont seem to see much info on it. have been looking at the block and the factory cooler with kingranch6.0 and think we have a way thought up on how to do this external cooler, but any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:09 AM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250
Re: oil cooler upgrade

There are some out there. One is called Bulletproofdiesel but I have doubts on it in my opion I faught this issue with guys on the org. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Me and Jeremy aka Lubeowner were discussing this idea of doing one. Keep the price low etc. Alot goes involved with it but our design was a complete Oil cooler delete. We have a design made up already but you would have to delete the fuel bowl, also if you get an external filter, and cooler you have to worry about weather. Exspecially with the colder weather once the oil goes out to the air cooler/external cooler how cold is the oil going back into the motor.

Cooler oil means less break down and wear. Also nothing proven yet but also better pressure in the HPOP. At the same time we also have to figure out the oil feed for the turbo placement for stock and modified trucks. We also had to figure out now where to place the filter what side of the cooler, now if the cooler failed and the filter is on there other side now you have nothing stopping any junk that goes in the valley to your HPOP which can cause severe damage. We were trying to keep this low priced and affordable for folks that wanted to go that route, we are trying to figure a design for modded trucks and a stock version as well.

I dont know about Elite's kit havent read much of it, also bulletproof not 100 percent either guy i was question seemed cocky about everything and when I asked about different aspect of it talk to me like I didnt know what I was talking about so I gave up arguing with him about it. Also for 1800 dollars I aint paying that much for it.

Chris if you want my thoughts on it shoot me a Pm.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
6.0 money pit

i agree, we sat there and looked at the block for about 2 hours+ just shooting ideas, and thinking about all the ways this idea could work.

me being down in texas, i dont really go anywhere with to cold of weather. so i will be fine on that for the most part. fuel bowl and oil bowl is already deleted and routed onto the frame rail so that give me a little more to work with. just alot of thought needs to go into this instead of something that just gets slapped together.

and yes 1800 is way to much imo.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 AM
The Unseen Mod

check your messages.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 05:46 PM

I did it and it works GREAT! 102 F in sunny Florida and I never went above 190 EOT. The key I found was using an inline thermostat so that when it is cold out that you aren't circulating all of your oil through the external oil cooling radiator. As it warms up the thermostat opens as need to allow more oil to the external cooler. I can shoot you some pics, PM me if you want them.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM
The Unseen Mod

Pm sent, im curious did you weld up the cooler etc.

03 Rescue is Dead

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 04:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Jjona5

Couldn't you purchase an oil filter relocation kit and then put an oil cooler and thermostat inline. I'm new to diesels but thats how I've always added oil coolers to vehicles that are difficult to add them otherwise.

1995 4 door dually Murdered out - 5 inch exhaust - down pipe - TS Chip with Tunes by Cale - 5 speed - Banks Pipe Kit and 7.3l aluminum end intercooler - Adrenaline HPOP - D66 - Rosewood Stage II(160/80) injectors, Gutted EBPV - Blank Ped - EGT Gauge - Boost Gauge - Homebrew Regulated Return E-Fuel

Looking for a Single Cab long bed OBS 4x4
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Damnkids Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Mdub707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjona5 View Post
Couldn't you purchase an oil filter relocation kit and then put an oil cooler and thermostat inline. I'm new to diesels but thats how I've always added oil coolers to vehicles that are difficult to add them otherwise.
Yes, but you'd have to figure out a way to delete the cooler itself. If you saw one mounted on the motor you would understand.

DamnKids Motorsports

2006 F-250 6.0 4x4 Vegistroked
SCT Xcal2 w/Innovative Diesel Tuning 466/772 7/19/08
Black smoke don't mean it's broke... it means your tuning sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Paypal can go fuk themselfs... Buy me a beer the next time we meet.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Jjona5

Oop my bad I just noticed this was in the 6.0 section )

1995 4 door dually Murdered out - 5 inch exhaust - down pipe - TS Chip with Tunes by Cale - 5 speed - Banks Pipe Kit and 7.3l aluminum end intercooler - Adrenaline HPOP - D66 - Rosewood Stage II(160/80) injectors, Gutted EBPV - Blank Ped - EGT Gauge - Boost Gauge - Homebrew Regulated Return E-Fuel

Looking for a Single Cab long bed OBS 4x4
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:40 AM
"4DTOUGH"

talked to guy at elite, and he said there's will be $2100, there will be no chance of coolant and oil mixing ( meaning the oil cooler is 100% gone ) and the new oil cooler (radiator part) will have a fan mounted on it with variable speed... sounds nice, just too expensive... wish it was half that price...

Might try to design/build my own next summer...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode