Which turbo - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Carolina Kracker

Which turbo

i have been reading an listening about turbo talk. elite sells an upgraded vgt and then they have the bb turbos without the vgt. if i am goin to be mainly using the truck for towing and daily driving, when the time comes should i go with the upgraded stock units and the 185 injectors or would that pose a heat issue while towing?

I am not post whoring, I am providing an over abundance of useless opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 F-350 Lariat CC SB with 6.0
Zoodad, K&N intake, Acufab elbow, MBRP 4" 409 turbo back, SCT tuned by Innovative Diesel, Dual front shock mounts, front add a leaf, eagle wheels with nitto 305 70 16s. 5% tint, linex liner and upgraded audio and video inside
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Sponsor

Re: Which turbo

there tow-power or high-power turbos would work great with the 185s.Id go with the tow-power for great low end response and heavy towing,and the high-power would be my choice for great street able performance and more power than the tow-power turbo can produce you could still tow with this charger it will just be alittle laggier than the tow-power.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Carolina Kracker

Would I need the head studs and the fire ring mod? Just head studs? stock? I dont do any real heavy towing, i keep it under 8k for the most part, i have a camper i tow and a cargo trailer with atvs in it. we do go up to the mountains with the atv trailer though

are you going to be at chapanoke sat night for the pull? Doug has spoke of you quit a bit. He has his truck at your shop waiting on the vgt. Its his fault i am even thinking of this now.

Zoodad, K&N intake, Acufab elbow, MBRP 4" 409 turbo back, SCT tuned by Innovative Diesel, Dual front shock mounts, front add a leaf, eagle wheels with nitto 305 70 16s. 5% tint, linex liner and upgraded audio and video inside

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Just studs would be fine... No reason for rings unless your going to spray HEAVY...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Carolina Kracker

nah no spray here, just drive and tow. might hook it to the sled one day

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:16 PM
PSN Newb

I think we should strap 02 20lb propane tanks in the back seat and just let her eat!!!!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Carolina Kracker

we can do that to your truck. i will video tape it

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick26 View Post
Would I need the head studs and the fire ring mod? Just head studs? stock? I dont do any real heavy towing, i keep it under 8k for the most part, i have a camper i tow and a cargo trailer with atvs in it. we do go up to the mountains with the atv trailer though

are you going to be at chapanoke sat night for the pull? Doug has spoke of you quit a bit. He has his truck at your shop waiting on the vgt. Its his fault i am even thinking of this now.
you would not need fire rings,head studs is never a bad idea on a 6.0L but I dont think just putting one of the chargers on we talked about would cause instant head gasket issues,if your not towing over 8k then Id go with the high power charger and have alittle more fun.I should be at chapanoke for the pull,but if Im not there its becuase Im putting my truck back together finally got all my parts in.Know its time to spank some D-max a--.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFurman View Post
I think we should strap 02 20lb propane tanks in the back seat and just let her eat!!!!
hey doug see you found me any way while your trucks here Ill get started on that propane install you know tanks in the back seat and all,some thing about let it eat any way talk to you later.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Carolina Kracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave View Post
you would not need fire rings,head studs is never a bad idea on a 6.0L but I dont think just putting one of the chargers on we talked about would cause instant head gasket issues,if your not towing over 8k then Id go with the high power charger and have alittle more fun.I should be at chapanoke for the pull,but if Im not there its becuase Im putting my truck back together finally got all my parts in.Know its time to spank some D-max a--.
someone needs to. ol wade has been right tough. i am still to chicken to hook up. would i need to get my sct retuned for the bigger turbo?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode