Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

fuel systems

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  HarleyEdition78412 
#1 ·
So i am looking to get a aftermarket fuel system for my 05 f350 just curious on what is the most reliable one out. I looked at the fass and the air dog so far i also read that the fass systems go through pumps any help? Thanks

#2 ·
Reliable and Fass cannot go in the same sentence. Yeah, SOME people have reliability and then again many do not.

#5 ·
well right now i am looking at egr delete, head studs, decking the heads new gasket, turbo, and new injecters. i am going to wait till my warranty runs out so i have a couple thousand miles left so i figure i better start reasearching. i know so guys that have the airdog and love it i am kinda leaning towards it i just would like to see what some other options are

#6 ·
Those are like your two top comp. when it comes to fuel pumps. al my buddies run fass systems and love them. Only bad thing i heard about them was from my one buddy who went through 6 pumps cause it couldnt keep up with his motor to feed it and finally has a big like 315 or somthin built by fass lol.the truck is nasty!

#8 ·
yes you need a pump upgrade. you can get the fuel pressure down pretty low with just a hot tune. I got a fass 150/180, keeps up with my 190s real well. I keep a spare in the cab and it takes 20 miutes to change the pump LOL. I have the trusted crossover line and stage 1, lines from the fuel bowl to the heads as well. mine holds 55 psi. FCDP is a vendor on here and sells those fuel systems. very good and theres no need for a reglator if you use the internally regulated pumps. you wont need an upgraded hpop for a while. 225s is about the max a single stock hpop can feed.

#11 ·
What about the Fuellab fuel pump? Ive done some reading on those and they look pretty decent. I too will have to do a fuel system upgrade one day if i ever can work steady enough to pay for my wish list lol.

#12 ·
Fuelab pump is the way to go if you are upgrading a fuel system. Also, the Airdog isn't a fuel pump fwiw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.