Edge question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Steamfighter

Talking Edge question

Hey guys , question for anyone that has used an edge programmer . Everybody is huge on custom tuned SCT's , but i have a 06 dually , manual tranny, that i'm not always the one driving and am concerned that if the wife or someone else is driving that egts and the like might not get watched and tear my truck up . i've talked to guys running edge products , and aside from only being able to use canned tunes ( no real complaints about that , most are very happy with performance from Edge ) they all sing the praises of auto backdown safety , and being able to reprogram on the fly . I don't need any radical gains out of my truck , but would like a little more power . I do tow with the truck , so I'm not planning any major mods to truck other than exhaust and egr delete later . Just wanted to post to see if anyone has any problems with Edge other than not being able to custom tune , or auto tranny problems . ( mines manual ) Thanks .

2006 F350 6 wheeler. some mods done thanks to First Coast Diesel Performance , but more to come!! .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steamfitter local 602 Washington D.C.

2005 F250 OVERLOADED WORK HOSS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 03:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Edge question

I still wouldnt risk it, our motors(6.0) are very picky, i would just get an SCT with some tunes from Eric and never look back, he can hook you up with some really good tow tunes if thats what your gonna do most of the time.

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Steamfighter

So , no problems with high egts etc running the tow and milder tunes on a stock truck? my main concern was having someone that was not watching gauges or knowing what to watch for wasting my motor by accident .

2006 F350 6 wheeler. some mods done thanks to First Coast Diesel Performance , but more to come!! .

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Steamfighter

Forgot to add that on occasion have be known to haul and tow much more than rated gvw and gcvw . Just fishing to get as much info as possible , getting ready to buy some stuff for truck , and want to get a programmer that will best suite my use .

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
original "REZNECK"

i have an edge and when my wife drives i just have her arrow down to stock so there is no chance of problems. i love my edge i pull with it from time to time and have never had any issues with egts.

twice tottalled
01 F250 cc 4x4 straight pipe, custom front and rear bumpers, 1 ton rear susp, flatbed, TS Chip, king ranch rims, 315 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay
Since when do 7.3's puke coolant like an overfilled hooker on a busy night ?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Steamfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnord View Post
i have an edge and when my wife drives i just have her arrow down to stock so there is no chance of problems. i love my edge i pull with it from time to time and have never had any issues with egts.
Cool , how do you feel you trucks performance is with the edge ? ( i dont want a rocket ship , just a little more fool proof power .) I really liked the idea of adjustable defueling limits and auto back down ability . Anyone with a 6.0 using an Edge??

Last edited by Steamfighter; 10-11-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: add info
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
PSN Veteran

I have an edge, and honestly I don't know why people don't like them on here. I understand there problems with auto's but I have a manual too. On mine I can adjust 1-5 on the attitude and I have a 3 way toggle that also changes the power. All the way up on both and it just spins the tires. WIth the toggle down and on 5 theres alot of lag. I've not pulled with it either as I've not had the truck to long.

I would like to put in an SCT with custom tunes and see if I can feel a power difference though.

Early 99, regular cab, Six Speed, Wildman Tuned, Red wastegate line MIA, muffler MIA, Isspro EGT/Boost, DIY Tymar, EBPV Switch, a slipping South Bend, 2.5" leveling kit, 35x12.5 BFG All-Terrains, 16.5" American Racing wheels SOLD
04, red regular cab, six speed, Edge SOLD
97, silver regular cab 300/200 s300
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 01:05 AM
original "REZNECK"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamfighter View Post
Cool , how do you feel you trucks performance is with the edge ? ( i dont want a rocket ship , just a little more fool proof power .) I really liked the idea of adjustable defueling limits and auto back down ability . Anyone with a 6.0 using an Edge??
for me it is plenty i dont need a 500hp truck. it is a good bang for the buck i got a used one from the classifieds. i have an auto and the only shifting i dont like is into od on a wot. gives a little black smoke when i get on it and i havent done the math on mpg yet but it has helped.

twice tottalled
01 F250 cc 4x4 straight pipe, custom front and rear bumpers, 1 ton rear susp, flatbed, TS Chip, king ranch rims, 315 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay
Since when do 7.3's puke coolant like an overfilled hooker on a busy night ?
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Proud Sponsor

biggest thing is no real control of the motor, no control of cylinder pressure, no control of fuel injectors, no control of turbo, no upgrade ability, no trans control (even with a manual its important) amongst many other things.

SCT custom tunes written for your trucks strategy

EDGE one size fits all

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Ski Bum

Send a message via Skype™ to J HO 22

i had Edge before and its a world of difference from the SCT custom tuned. SCT is the only way to go...you can get whatever tunes you want depending on what you need for your truck.

502-316-8872
CALL OR EMAIL FOR PARTS PRICING
2005 EXCURSION

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode