Xtreme Race - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Xtreme Race

Well I couldent resist any longer and just got the xtreme race from eric because ill be running my truck for the first time in Eping NH this weekend in the 1/4 mile. Went out for a test drive and wow! definatly shifts different....what the hell do you do to get used to it? But man did it wake the truck up even more.....now I just gotta hope it doesent blow before I do studs and egr delete

2004 F-250 6.0
117,XXX miles
05 front end conversion
Innovative's SCT tunes
ISSPRO EV LED gauges
7 inch single... straight piped
3 inch lift
18X9 XD Series Hoss
35" Toyo m/t's
Train horns
5% Tint

Best 1/4 - 13.96 at 95.46 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 02:36 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Xtreme Race

What is the shifting doing exactly?

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 AM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

this weekend????? are you coming up the following as well. October 4th is all truck nationals, should be lots of trucks up there and good times.

I have been running the xtreme race for at least 10k so far and love it. The shifting does take a bit of getting used to but its great once your used to it. Gotta roll into the throttle (becomes second nature) and when in OD on the highway and you need it to downshift or unlock the converter just a tap of the break will get it to stop lugging.

One thing I have been noticing, I love the midrange, but that seems to be the most times where I can notice puking or smell a hint of coolant. If I mash it and hold it wide open it seems to be ok. Not sure whats up with that if the cylinder pressures are just that much higher in the midrange than when wide open, but seems to be.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yea when driving normal it shifts like it usually does but when at like half throttle or a little more its diferent....cant even really explain it but I think ill get used to it. And I didnt even know about next weekend being an event but yea Ill definatly try to make it up there. Im gonna run a couple times this saturday and ill probably head up the next weekend to. Jdc, I saw all you guys parked out in the pit last weekend in NJ but didnt see anyone around, but man is your truck nice! I was parked out in the parking lot like an idiot

2004 F-250 6.0
117,XXX miles
05 front end conversion
Innovative's SCT tunes
ISSPRO EV LED gauges
3 inch lift
18X9 XD Series Hoss
35" Toyo m/t's
Train horns
5% Tint

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 01:02 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSOX2758 View Post
Yea when driving normal it shifts like it usually does but when at like half throttle or a little more its diferent....cant even really explain it but I think ill get used to it. And I didnt even know about next weekend being an event but yea Ill definatly try to make it up there. Im gonna run a couple times this saturday and ill probably head up the next weekend to. Jdc, I saw all you guys parked out in the pit last weekend in NJ but didnt see anyone around, but man is your truck nice! I was parked out in the parking lot like an idiot
Yea I think best way to describe the xtreme street shifting is it likes to hold gears both up and down, if you start trying to push it lightly at like 1/2 throttle it seems to build up good and then hang a bit. I just get the sense that it just wants to rip but your not giving it the throttle input to go, then it don't wanna downshift too much either with the converter locked, but a tap of the throttle unlocks it and can take off again (mostly a highway driving issue)

Sweet looking forward to how your truck does, and hopefully see ya at the truck nationals show. Its a good time and should be able to get in a bunch of passes and watch some good running trucks.

Thanks man, those Jersey guys were giving me some crap of all the bugs and dirt on it when I pulled in lol but was a good time. I heard from a few that they saw the trucks but never found us. I spent most of the time walking around the show but I am pretty sure there was always someone sitting behind Buff's truck (light blue crew cab long bed) Yea for Epping even if your not planning on racing just come into the pits anyways, I learned that lesson last year.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 01:50 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

You can email Eric and let him know what the trans is doing and he can get it taken care of for you. Mine felt a little funny to me when I first got the tune, like the converter would lock too early and then make a gear change right after. He emailed me another program and it shifted perfect after that.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok ya im gonna go out for a quick run right now and see what she does, and if its still alittle off I ill just give eric an email.

Yea hopefully we can meet up next weekend at Epping...It sounds like a good show.

2004 F-250 6.0
117,XXX miles
05 front end conversion
Innovative's SCT tunes
ISSPRO EV LED gauges
3 inch lift
18X9 XD Series Hoss
35" Toyo m/t's
Train horns
5% Tint

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:28 PM
It wasn't me

Do you have a lift in the read? Bigger blocks? My truck shifted funny and I looked and it was axle wrapping really bad. I am stock height too!

Newman
A few Fords
Special Thanks to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadinginaz View Post
Do you have a lift in the read? Bigger blocks? My truck shifted funny and I looked and it was axle wrapping really bad. I am stock height too!
I didn't even think of that, I've got about 3 inches of lift in the front and 2.5 in the rear... Only reason I don't think that's the problem is because it was shifting really good on xtreme street...I emailed eric and just waiting for reply.

2004 F-250 6.0
117,XXX miles
05 front end conversion
Innovative's SCT tunes
ISSPRO EV LED gauges
3 inch lift
18X9 XD Series Hoss
35" Toyo m/t's
Train horns
5% Tint

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 PM
It wasn't me

My X Race shift with the TC locked and shakes the whole truck but damn does it move. It chirps the tires into 3rd.

Newman
A few Fords
Special Thanks to:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode