bad injectors? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Not Winning.

Question bad injectors?

my truck has been starting hard lately, at first i thought maybe it was the ipr sensor, then i noticed a white haze out of my tail pipes, it doesnt seem to run top notch until it is completely warm. i was told this could be a sign of injectors starting to go out, my truck has a little over 200k. what would be a good, inexpensive after market injector?

Cooper
04 6.0 CCSB fx4
08 6.4 CCSB 4x4

Special thanks to:
Logan Schneider at CenTex Diesel Performance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

830-885-6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroked162 View Post
Lets be honest here, how many times have you been on the receiving end of a "Cleveland Steamer"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: bad injectors?

depends on what you want to do with your truck? if your stock ones went 200,000 consider yourself lucky..... Adam from FCDP can help you out, an d i am sure other vendors will chime in as well.....

03 F-250 207000 miles, Mad Turbo Werks Stage 1 Turbo, RCD155 injectors 100% Nozzles, 150/180 FASS, FCDP EGR delete, ARP Headstuds, OEM head gaskets, Diesel Site coolant filter kit, SCT Tunes, Hellmans Sump, 4inch Magnaflow Exhaust, 6.4 banjo bolts, AR-9100 Oil Treatment, 58v FICM
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Not Winning.

iv been very lucky with this truck. i didnt blow a head gasket until 185k, and the only problem before that was a warped head at 35k. its my dads old truck

Cooper
04 6.0 CCSB fx4
08 6.4 CCSB 4x4

Special thanks to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

830-885-6500

Quote:
Lets be honest here, how many times have you been on the receiving end of a "Cleveland Steamer"?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Not Winning.

id like to get stage 1s or maybe 2s, i dont wanna kill my turbo or ruin the tranny too soon after the injectors go in though

Cooper
04 6.0 CCSB fx4
08 6.4 CCSB 4x4

Special thanks to:

830-885-6500

Quote:
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Proud Sponsor

I will PM you a price on stage 1 injectors, they will work fine with the stock turbo and tranny

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Not Winning.

thanks.
any other inputs or suggestions?

Cooper
04 6.0 CCSB fx4
08 6.4 CCSB 4x4

Special thanks to:

830-885-6500

Quote:
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 11:25 PM
PSN Veteran

Suggestion:

Go buy a set of reman's from Ford....then if you still want more power, send the reman's out to be modified, not the ones that already have issues.
And make sure you get your injectors back....not someone else's junky cores.

2003 F-350 KingRanch 4x4
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0 p-stroke View Post
my truck has been starting hard lately, at first i thought maybe it was the ipr sensor, then i noticed a white haze out of my tail pipes, it doesnt seem to run top notch until it is completely warm. i was told this could be a sign of injectors starting to go out, my truck has a little over 200k. what would be a good, inexpensive after market injector?
This is what I'm facing right now myself, my truck has the same problem until it warms up. I had 2 injectors and the HPOP changed last year. Looks like I will just change out the other 6 so I'm done screwing with it. How much work is it to get down to the point to change the injectors? I have done a ground off restore on an El Camino and used to road race street bikes so I have some mechanical knowledge. I have never tore into a diesel motor before other than minor things like cold air intakes, exhaust parts. What am I in for?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Not Winning.

my truck has been torn down and had the cab lifted a few times, if i can remember basically everything on top must go to get the valve covers off. im sure someone will have a more accurate description

Cooper
04 6.0 CCSB fx4
08 6.4 CCSB 4x4

Special thanks to:

830-885-6500

Quote:
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 01:50 PM
PSN Veteran

You gotta remove the turbo discharge pipe, glow plug module, and oil filler on the passenger side. (To get at the valve cover)
You gotta dump the coolant, remove the de-gas bottle, air filter assembly, and the other coolant lines that run the the degas bottle on the drivers side. (To get at the valve cover.)

First time is a b!tch...after you've done a few, it goes waaaay smoother, and you know exactly what tools you need, and how much time it will take you to do it.

2003 F-350 KingRanch 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode