Cab off write-up? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Question Cab off write-up?

Where can a person find a write-up for removing the cab? Anyone know where I can find one?
TIA

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous- 2001 Platinum Edition F250 7.3L
SCT LW and FICM tuning-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Regulated Return fuel kits-

ENOUGH SAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Re: Cab off write-up?

Call Coastal and ask for Lionel hes an expert at 6oh cab removals. If your nice I will tell/write on how to do this ........... I did a few myself ,fixing to do a cooler delete and studs for a dude up here in DFW !!

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 02:54 AM
PSN Local

why do people pull cabs on a 6.0? You can do anything on that truck without pulling the cab.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 02:56 AM
FNG

Pulling the cab makes things much easier. To do the heads properly on a 6.0 you either have to pull the cab or the motor. And the cab is easier

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Pulling the cab makes things much easier. To do the heads properly on a 6.0 you either have to pull the cab or the motor. And the cab is easier
Cab in air in about 2 hrs. motor out is like 6 IIRC ?

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 03:37 AM
Adrenalin Junkie

How about 6.4 cab removal write up also?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:37 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I guess the hundreds of headgasket jobs I've done were improper then. With all due respect here guys, I'm a diesel master tech for one of the biggest Ford dealers in FL. You don't have to pull the motor or the cab to do this job, and yes I've installed head studs. If someone prefers to pull the cab or engine for this job that is their perogitive, but it isn't something that HAS to be done.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Cool Re: Cab off write-up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay View Post
Call Coastal and ask for Lionel hes an expert at 6oh cab removals. If your nice I will tell/write on how to do this ........... I did a few myself ,fixing to do a cooler delete and studs for a dude up here in DFW !!
Well get on it then big dog I would just like to know what you must do to have the cab ready to lift- what to disconnect and such

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission

Previous- 2001 Platinum Edition F250 7.3L
SCT LW and FICM tuning-

Regulated Return fuel kits-

ENOUGH SAID
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Hate 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay03GT View Post
I guess the hundreds of headgasket jobs I've done were improper then. With all due respect here guys, I'm a diesel master tech for one of the biggest Ford dealers in FL. You don't have to pull the motor or the cab to do this job, and yes I've installed head studs. If someone prefers to pull the cab or engine for this job that is their perogitive, but it isn't something that HAS to be done.
Why do Ford Techs get butt hurt over the fact that it is easier on average for the normal wrench turner to lift the cab?

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
Why do Ford Techs get butt hurt over the fact that it is easier on average for the normal wrench turner to lift the cab?
Because if they average person can do the wrench turning, Ford Techs cant make any money.

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode