A few sled pulling ??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

A few sled pulling ???

Diesel days is 2maro In wyoming and im gonna try to pull the sled so i have a fewquestions should i pull in 4 hi or low range?Any other tips for me wold be awesome Thanks guys ANd sorry for all the questions...and i searched couldnt find much info on sled pulling....

2010 CCSB Afe Intake and dual exhaust
2006 CCLB F-250 Studs,Squeez,EGR delete,RR to AirDog II and a Airraid Intake & Sct Hot tunes *SOLD*
1963 Chevy Nova II 88mm turbo 408 LSX backhalved and tubbed 9.22 @ 145 @ 5000ft BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Cummins ECSB 5 spd,250s,edge comp 64 over a s475.. Work Truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 01:20 AM
PSN Local

Re: A few sled pulling ???

definitely 4 lo. you won't need anything higher than 3rd gear, manually shifting them usually works good for the 6.0s. Keep it wound out!

2000 F250 Red CCSB.Full Force 238/100s, BTS valve body, T-500. Normal bolt on stuff.

"Because HE Lives..."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 01:18 PM
PSN Veteran

4low start in 1st and shift your way to third gear. fill the back tires up to the suggested cold fill psi, drop the front psi to 30 or so since yours is coil sprung you will want to ratchet strap down the front so it doesnt hop and then hammer down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 02:26 PM
PSN Local

if anyone knows i was wondering how heavy those sleds are say for just a dd street truck. i watched them in houston a few years ago and when they got to the end of the pull the street trucks just bogged down and couldnt even turn there tires anymore.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 02:33 PM
PSN Veteran

For the work class usually its a 20k hook.

'09 F350

-JD
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:31 PM
PSN Local

really thats it. hmm well on 2nd thought i guess that is a lot of weight to drag compared to having it roll behind you. no wonder they were breaking rear uv joints and squating the rear of the truck and just stalling lol i wont put mine through that kind of torture to expensive to fix. but for those of you that will keep on because i love to watch those diesels pull.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Black Gold

if ur over wieght here are some things u can remove fast, tailgate. back seat, tool box, spare tire..but most likely if ur pullin in a work stock class ull be fine. usually i think its a 10k class. street class is usually 8500, gas diesel challenge is most likely 7500

2011 250. 1.5 in leveling kit. 20x9 Black XD Hoss. 35/12.50/20 Nitto Trails. AFE Pro Guard 7. Retro's 6K HIDS. SOLD

2012 250. 20x9 Black XD Hoss, etc. etc. SOLD

Huffy 18" bike, sweet grips
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Black Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfonte View Post
really thats it. hmm well on 2nd thought i guess that is a lot of weight to drag compared to having it roll behind you. no wonder they were breaking rear uv joints and squating the rear of the truck and just stalling lol i wont put mine through that kind of torture to expensive to fix. but for those of you that will keep on because i love to watch those diesels pull.
if u can get ahold of a peice of steel. block the rear by puttin the steel across the leaf springs and restin the bump stops on the steel. then the rear wont squat

TRACTION BARS TRACTION BARS TRACTION BARS

o and dont be one of them guys, bring a clevis

2011 250. 1.5 in leveling kit. 20x9 Black XD Hoss. 35/12.50/20 Nitto Trails. AFE Pro Guard 7. Retro's 6K HIDS. SOLD

2012 250. 20x9 Black XD Hoss, etc. etc. SOLD

Huffy 18" bike, sweet grips
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 11:04 PM
PSN Veteran

Weld the axle tubes to the center section, add traction bars, and block the rear end.

Jeremy Johnson
Search "lubeowner" on youtube for many truck pulling videos.
dieseldr.net
We build Powerstroke pulling trucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode