Intercooler? What to buy a banks or sperco... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

Intercooler? What to buy a banks or sperco...

What intercooler do u guys like and how much temp drop did you see??

2010 CCSB Afe Intake and dual exhaust
2006 CCLB F-250 Studs,Squeez,EGR delete,RR to AirDog II and a Airraid Intake & Sct Hot tunes *SOLD*
1963 Chevy Nova II 88mm turbo 408 LSX backhalved and tubbed 9.22 @ 145 @ 5000ft BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Cummins ECSB 5 spd,250s,edge comp 64 over a s475.. Work Truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:24 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Intercooler? What to buy a banks or sperco...

Why are you wanting a new IC?

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

Just for egt temp drop pretty much....

2006 CCLB F-250 Studs,Squeez,EGR delete,RR to AirDog II and a Airraid Intake & Sct Hot tunes *SOLD*
1963 Chevy Nova II 88mm turbo 408 LSX backhalved and tubbed 9.22 @ 145 @ 5000ft BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Man it seems like your just posting up ALOT of questions........are you going to do anything or are you just talking?

You need to use the search on this site and do some research, because what you are asking has been asked a million times and there are many threads on this info. This is about the 3rd thread in a short time

post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:27 PM
PSN Veteran

i was told that the 6.0 IC is a good one, i dont see a need to upgrade unless you do a lot of heavy towing or racing. I just dont see a need in spending that kind of money if its not really needed. Im sure someone else will chime in.

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker67 View Post
i was told that the 6.0 IC is a good one, i dont see a need to upgrade unless you do a lot of heavy towing or racing. I just dont see a need in spending that kind of money if its not really needed. Im sure someone else will chime in.
This is correct.......the stocker is GTG as long as you don't split the tanks from too much boost.

post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

I haved used the search guy...no info on temp change...and yes im going to do all of this...dont be getting all anal about a few questions if you dont like dont answer....But any way i should have searched with the injector??s I had alot of info on big injectors and towing....but guess what i learned about twice as much about towing with sticks from you guys on my post over the older posts i had searched for and read.....

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

See why couldnt u have just said that......and u have been very helpfull and i understand all the d bags asking question and then not even doin #### cuz there broke or just STROKERS

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitssmokinitsstrokin View Post
I haved used the search guy...no info on temp change...and yes im going to do all of this...dont be getting all anal about a few questions if you dont like dont answer and second...i dont really want your input any way 13.9 my crew cab long box goes faster then that stock with a lil smack and studs @ 5000FT....But any way i should have searched with the injector??s I had alot of info on big injectors and towing....but guess what i learned about twice as much about towing with sticks from you guys on my post over the older posts i had searched for and read.....
Laugh all you want.........like I said getting a coil sprung truck out of the hole w/o some type of traction modification is tough. I did the same time on just a tune as I did w/ injectors and turbo........since then I have blown another set of HG's and put larger injectors and a NON VGT turbo and just dynoed 581 and backed it up w/ a dyno of 559 and am waiting to get the new HG's and the block oringed.

post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
<-MONEY PITT!!

I edited my post bro...it was rude like i said u have been super helpfull and i dont wanna start a pissing contest like i said i just want ur guys input because it seems like when i spend alot of money on parts i go online and everybody hates the #### ya know. just a few question and trust me ur not wasting your time THANK U...And i have read all ur post about your HG probs...Sucky man...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode