sct tire calibration - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

sct tire calibration

looking to adjust my tire calibration on my sct but dont know which one it is since its not actuall tire size. i have 35x12.50x17 can anyone help out thanks

2004 F350 CC Lariat- warren 190's, elite vgt ss, reg. return fuel, arp studs, egr delete, edge cts, 5" turbo back w/ 8" tip, sct tuned by ID, aem workhorse intake, 8" lift kit, 40x13.5x20's

2002 f350 crew cab with dp tuner, AEM bruteforce dry flow,4 dp to 5 out to 6 stacks, gauges trans,egt and boost, 285/70/16 at's, sonnax shift kit- SOLD IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 12:01 AM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: sct tire calibration

Place a mark on the ground and on any tire at the 6 o'clock position. Roll the truck making one complete revolution and stopping the tire mark at the 6 o'clock position again and mark the ground. Using a tape measure find the distance between the marks in inches. Using 63360 (inches in a mile) divided by the measured distance in inches will equal your tire revs per mile. Just round up or down whatever is closest to the value you can enter into the SCT ( IE your revs equal 609 use 610, etc...) 66360"/104"= 609

Dont forget your tires will get smaller so the revs will go up over time so maybe rounding up will be a better option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 PM
DBM
PSN Local

you could also look at the specs sheet on the tire manufacturer's web site...

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:26 PM
PSN Veteran

I have dick cepek 35's and i'm using 590 revs per mile. It is still about 4mph fast, so when I feel like retuning I will use 585 or 580. I would rather my speedo be faster than the truck rather than vice versa...
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
I have dick cepek 35's and i'm using 590 revs per mile. It is still about 4mph fast, so when I feel like retuning I will use 585 or 580. I would rather my speedo be faster than the truck rather than vice versa...
From what I have gathered the 6.0 CANNOT have the speedo recal through the SCT. The SCT has that setting for shift points and cars that it will change. I have tried many things with my 35's and it was always 4mph fast @50mph. The only way to do it is through a tru speed or something hard wired.

2006 F250 CC LB FX4 Lariat
ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:34 PM
PSN Veteran

Hmm, thats not what ive always heard and It went from being 8-10mph fast to only 4 with my last change of the rev's per mile...or maybe i'm crazy?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Hmm, thats not what ive always heard and It went from being 8-10mph fast to only 4 with my last change of the rev's per mile...or maybe i'm crazy?
There is always a chance I could be wrong but I had a fairly big thread on this and it came to the conclusion that the SCT could not do it. I was also told Ford could do it, I went there and they couldn't either. AE can do a 7.3 but not a 6.0. I may just plug my SCT in tonight and put a ridiculous rev/mile number in and see what happens.

ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:03 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke View Post
There is always a chance I could be wrong but I had a fairly big thread on this and it came to the conclusion that the SCT could not do it. I was also told Ford could do it, I went there and they couldn't either. AE can do a 7.3 but not a 6.0. I may just plug my SCT in tonight and put a ridiculous rev/mile number in and see what happens.
I was considering doing the same thing actually lol...lemme know what you find out if you do!

btw, i'm using gps to figure out my mph
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:29 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Must be crazy. SCT does not alter the speedo reading on our trucks, only corrects the tire rpm for shifting purposes. Ford can recalibrate your speedometer, but it is not very common, and the average tech prolly does not know how or have the time to mess around doing it.

06 F-250 ECSB 4x4, 6.0 - sold - little

2010 F-250 CCSB 4x4 6.4 Lariat Ultimate-few mods, but it is FAST!!!!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuekear View Post
Must be crazy. SCT does not alter the speedo reading on our trucks, only corrects the tire rpm for shifting purposes. Ford can recalibrate your speedometer, but it is not very common, and the average tech prolly does not know how or have the time to mess around doing it.
That is what I thought....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode