Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Head Studs and Gaskets

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Machinist 
#1 ·
Well after all the pain and problems ive been going through the last 2 months just got noticed today that I need to replace my head gaskets and studs such bad news and so many problems going on but I'm having Twisted Diesel work on my truck taking it down next Friday to start the work. been such a bad year so far. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#5 ·
If the manager flaged the VIN is oassis there is no luck at another dealer. Best to try and work something out with that dealer.

I have had a dealer here in town warranty about 5 sets of 6.0 HG's and I had them install studs. They have also done several transmissions and some other junk. Hasn't been an issue working with them so far, I did have to do a little sweat talking the first time.

#6 ·
We have been suppling ARP head studs to our Ford dealer, we are good friends with the head service manager who is also a master diesel mechanic - so he is fully aware of all the problems with these motors. I asked him about it today, he said their personal policy is to replace any heads that I recommend with brand new ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.