Aeroforce Interceptor for a 6.0? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Aeroforce Interceptor for a 6.0?

I've had my eye on an Aeroforce Interceptor for quite a while. Right now I'm using an Edge Evolution, but only to monitor (mainly EOT and ECT). I want to switch to the Interceptor mainly because the Edge doesn't do ICP. Plus, the Interceptor can display a lot more. If I ever get stuck on the side of the road, I'm really going to be kicking myself if I can't see more, mainly ICP.

Who has one of these on their 6.0 PSD? I dug up a two-year old thread on .org that was discussing an inaccurate EOT indication from the Interceptor. Are there any drawbacks to using one of these?

Thanks!

2004 F-250 Lariat, 6.0, SCLB, 4wd, Magnaflow turbo-back, EGR delete, studded, 6.4 banjo, new oil cooler and HPOP as of 5-11-2014
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Swamp trash...

Re: Aeroforce Interceptor for a 6.0?

I looked at one of these a long time ago. Honestly, it would probably worth it just to get an EDGE CS. That will monitor all the parameters you are looking for. I know when I sent my EVO to PHP to be reprogrammed as an FICM tuner it came back with more pids to monitor, so that is a good option.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 44

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I've looked at the CS too. I know some wouldn't think it's a good reason, but I'm not a fan of the bulkiness or the CS, or the way it looks in general. The Interceptor appealed to me because it's a very tidy little package.

It's ironic you mentioned PHP. I had actually contacted them last year about reprogramming my Evolution with a few of their tunes. I wonder if I had their tunes programmed into the Evo if I would have more PIDs? If so, I wonder how complete the list is? If no one here knows, I'll further my inquiry to PHP...

2004 F-250 Lariat, 6.0, SCLB, 4wd, Magnaflow turbo-back, EGR delete, studded, 6.4 banjo, new oil cooler and HPOP as of 5-11-2014
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Swamp trash...

Sure you aren't thinking about the CTS? The CS is the same size as your EVO, if you have the dashpod it fits right in. I steered away from the CTS because it was too big. I will have to hook my FICM tuner up to see what pids they added to it.. I can't remember, I only plug it in when I reprogram. I know it at least has FICM voltages on it.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 44

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I emailed PHP a couple days ago about the PIDs available with their install, but I haven't heard back yet. I will report back when I do.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 02:37 AM
Sponsor

I got your PM. I will check with Jay on this first thing in the morning. I know we don't offer certain tunes and flashes for the CS/CTS anymore for various reason. I'm more of the 6.0 guy of the shop, so i'll get you an answer tomorrow!

Jeremy
Sales @ Power Hungry Performance
2007 6.0
H11's with o-ringed heads
285/100
Building compounds
645-Fuel 782-Spray
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thank you very much! By the way, I don't have the CS/CTS, just an original Evolution (p/n 15002).

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 01:17 AM
PursuitInterceptor

I ran the AI for a bit till I realized the ECT/EOT wasn't going to read correctly. Pretty decent unit if all the PIDs worked like I wanted. If you can use something else for ECT/EOT I can sell you mine......CHEAP.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Really? The ECT/EOT doesn't read correctly? That's a real shame. I wonder what the chances are they have made revisions since you bought yours... Like I said, I'm using my Evo to monitor them right now, but then that brings up two problems:

1. I'm not sure it's possible to plug in the AI and the Evo at the same time.
2. If I were given an instrument that I knew that two of it's functions were inexplicably inaccurate, if I had no way of checking the other functions against a calibrator I would not feel comfortable referencing them.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 11:22 PM
PursuitInterceptor

You could call them. I wasn't about to be the guy that gave them all the data to fix their product with nothing offered to me. You cannot run two OBD II devices as I know it now.

The other PIDs that are used seemed to work just fine. Just the EOT/ECT were out to lunch.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode