ECM Tuning? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
HNIC

ECM Tuning?

I ran through an advertisement that said getting your ecm tuned along with your ficm could improve performance but i dont see anywhere that messes with the ecm for tuning? correct me if im wrong please .. im just trying to gather info on it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 01:44 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753
Re: ECM Tuning?

ECM tuning would be anything like an SCT X3 with custom files or the regular tuners. The FICM has to be sent out to get tuned. I believe PHP has some programmers that can access the FICM but I am not sure. Otherwise I believe Elite and Innovative offer FICM tuning.

There is a bunch of info on here about it and it does seem to improve things quite a bit by opening up parameters and giving finer tuning of the injectors themselves.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
HNIC

yeah i got the ficm tuning .. just didnt think the tuner itself would be the ecm tuning even though it does make since ha ha

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 01:59 PM
6Leaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co. Neil View Post
yeah i got the ficm tuning .. just didnt think the tuner itself would be the ecm tuning even though it does make since ha ha
Ahh, I am hoping to get it some day

I could be wrong, seems tough sometimes keeping all these acronyms straight, but Innovatives site refers to the SCT tuning the PCM Not sure if the PCM covers the ECM duties or what or whatever shenanigans or going on under there lol

Quote:
The X3 is the next generation of our handheld flash device, with increased memory, a larger screen, and most importantly it gives us a stable robust platform to add continued support for new PCM types as they are released from Ford...

6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
ECM tuning would be anything like an SCT X3 with custom files or the regular tuners. The FICM has to be sent out to get tuned. I believe PHP has some programmers that can access the FICM but I am not sure. Otherwise I believe Elite and Innovative offer FICM tuning.

There is a bunch of info on here about it and it does seem to improve things quite a bit by opening up parameters and giving finer tuning of the injectors themselves.
elite isnt doing ficms yet. they will be once they get everything going but they are still testing.

06 crew cab
06 reg cab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 02:03 PM
6Leaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxracer42 View Post
elite isnt doing ficms yet. they will be once they get everything going but they are still testing.
ahh, thanks for the tip, they seem to be extra busy lately anyways, hope things are coming together for them up there.

6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
ahh, thanks for the tip, they seem to be extra busy lately anyways, hope things are coming together for them up there.
things seem like theyre going pretty good. i know they werent happy with all of the other company's ficm tuning they tried so they should be good when they are done.

06 crew cab
06 reg cab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode